Confused on inserts (noob alert!)

My avatar
jojonic
Clothie
Clothie

Confused on inserts (noob alert!)

Postby jojonic » Sun May 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi all,

Completely new to this, so sorry for dumb Q's....

I have bought a range of pockets to try once my little one arrives (4 days overdue now - ugh!) including slinky minkees, bum genius, fuzzibuns (mostly from classifieds on here :wink:) . Some have come with inserts but some didnt, so I ordered these off of ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_956

they turned up and im a bit surprised by how big they are... I guess they are intended to do for kids up to toddler size. As I will be using them with a newborn, should I just fold and fold until they fit (which I think will make them quite bulky) or should I be ordering special 'small size' ones?

Sorry I know its probably not rocket science but I want to make it work as well as possible so my partner doesnt put the kybosh on things and start buying pampers again! :giggle:

My avatar
jojonic
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Confused on inserts (noob alert!)

Postby jojonic » Sun May 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Also if anyone wants to make a recommendation on the best fit pocket nappies for newborns I would be grateful as its all a bit trial and error at the moment :thumbsup:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Confused on inserts (noob alert!)

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 16, 2010 7:31 pm

You can just fold them to fit if you like hun, there is really no right or wrong with inserts...just whatever works :) I have used the easy peasy hemps which look the same size as those on my son since he started using night nappies at about 4 months (we only use fitted nappies and not pockets so cant coment on those). If your worried then you could find some smaller ones..

Hopefully someone will be along soon with a bit more useful info...sorry!! :giggle:

:hug:

ETA>..little lambs do a nice size bamboo booster and they are quite cheap too..these fit really nicely in the Bumgenious i have borrowed at the moment :)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies