Outgrowing BG's - help!

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

Outgrowing BG's - help!

Postby sttb1997 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi ladies,

I need help. My son is just under 2, not the slimmest chap but quite tall. He's got to the point he is outgrowing his BG's but I need pockets for Daddy to use and also the nursery he attends one day a week. Help! What does anybody recommend? He is nowhere near potty training yet so I can't just hold out and hope unfortunately. I usually use 2 parters (WNNL and WN wraps) but the nursery won't go near them, and Daddy won't if he can help it. Please help! :cry:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Outgrowing BG's - help!

Postby Louise » Wed May 26, 2010 12:07 pm

I would get some large pockets rather than onesize as you'll probably have the same problem with most of them. Large pockets seem to have a more generous fit. Real Easy are generously sized and they do an XL size as well as a large. Large/petit toddler or Extra large Fuzzi Bunz might be a better fit too.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Wed May 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Happy heiny one side are generous and high on the rise, or wonderoos.

Or large fuzzis.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 pm

kermitgirl wrote:Happy heiny one side are generous

I was going to say the same thing, if you want a OS then try happy heniy, my daughter outgrew her BG's too and we switched to happy heniy and they were fab, aplix is fatter and better quality too imo :) they are also great on itty bitty babies too (if thats an issue) as i used them on my son when he was about 3 weeks old :)

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi, I would also recommend Happy Heiny Onesize. These are sooooo much bigger than the BGs. I also bought a large Happy Heiny but to be honest the onesize are a better fit. My DS has just turned 2 and the BGs are getting a bit low in the rise but the Happy Heiny are fine. Oh, also Blueberry sidesnap in large is a really good fit.

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sttb1997 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks everyone. I might try the large Fuzzi's as I think they are pretty cute. I've never been keen on the look of the happy heiny but may give one a go to see what it's like.

Thanks for the advice! xx

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 am

Think I'll have the same problem because he's so tall. Think he's starting to know when he's weeing because he stands still and holds his nappy... either that or he's being odd lol

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 am

Martha outgrew all her BGs (and Pop ins) when she was two ish, even before, we used a couple of Haute Nappies (one size, a bit like WOnderoos), but she still fit into her Medium Fuzzis - I think a large Fuzzi might be too bg for him. We also had HH in large and a Drybees, a blueberry large and a neppula in large.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies