hf1

Grrr my blueberry leaked

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Grrr my blueberry leaked

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

This morning I put my son in a BBSS stuffed with the BB insert, then a long Ellas house insert folded in half, then half again and put at the front, then a mini itti bitti booster. When I changed him I noticed that the nappy outer was damp round the legs. The inserts were dry at the back so do I just need to put even more at the front? He isn't really a heavy wetter and he had baggy shorts on and no poppered vest so shouldn't have been pressure wicking. Any ideas?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Grrr my blueberry leaked

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Could it have been over-stuffed? Was it snug fitting around the legs? How long was he in it? Sounds like a lot of stuffing for a normal wetter :-? . I use BBSS with my heavy wetter & dependant on how much he's drank, can get up to 3hours by which time he's often damp around the legs. When he's leaked, the insert is often soaked though but sometimes dry towards the back of it.

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Maybe I was being over cautious with the stuffing. We were going out and I didn't want any leaks although I ended up changing him after approx 2.5 hours. It was rather bulky with all that stuffing! Do you just use the BB insert that came with the nappy?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed May 26, 2010 5:03 pm

I used to be able to just use the BB insert but have recently had to start using an EP hemp booster with it. Tbh though I'd say 2.5hrs or so is about right for a pocket. Or it is in my experience of Finn, couldn't use them on Connor as he was too heavy a wetter. Finn outwee'd a BG this morning after about 2.5hrs but think he's at that stage of not weeing for quite a while and then flooding it :roll:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Wed May 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I can still get away with using just the BB insert for about 2.5 hours.

I would check if the fit was good with that amount of stuffing first before losing the love for the BB nappies.

Kate

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Sounds overstuffed to me. :wink:

We use the BB insert plus a hemp insert and get 4 hours out of it....can get even longer if he falls asleep and I don't want to disturb him.

In fact it happened yesterday. He was in the same nappy for hours and hours as I had to go out and DH forgot to change him. :giggle:

Helen xx

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Think I'll get some hemp boosters as I really want Blueberries to work as they are such a good fit. Some other pockets we have just don't fit as nicely. I had to do it up on the tightest poppers today though as I think DS has lost weight due to being ill with tonsilitis and an ear infection :(

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm

That sounds good, see if the hemp boosters work. I don't use the BB inserts anymore because DS is a heavy wetter. I find P'tis Dessous bamboo inserts & an Easy Peasy hemp booster are about as good as it gets for us with pockets :wink:

Hope your little man is better :hug:

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks, he's fine now but had a reaction to the first lot of Antibiotics and had awful sickness, diarreah and a rash. He's been off his food since then...not surprising really. Think I need to get some PD inserts aswell, I've heard good things about them.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies