hf1

Pocke-tastrophe!!!!!!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Pocke-tastrophe!!!!!!

Postby rachel » Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Well after using only fitteds and wool/fleece for about a year I decided to try pockets again as was tempted by a very pretty UD side applix (thanks Frances :wink: ). I also had bought a couple of PD's from used nappies and already have lots of EP's. So did what most on here do and used the PD with EP underneath and we went to the farm. It was a great fit.
But...as she was climbing on the play area, wee started trickling down her legs (she had jeans on). My first thought was that it was leg-gape. When we went to change her, there was no leg-gape and the inserts were only damp, the bottom one being bone-dry, but they were all bunched up! They hadn't stayed flat IYKWIM :shock: So we had one very wet Evie, thank god I had a spare GM, soaker and trousers in my bag.
So...after I have rambled on for ages...how do you stop that happening???? I have two more pretty pockets on the way and I want to be able to use them?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Pocke-tastrophe!!!!!!

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

It could just be the fit of the pocket doesn't suit your LO :?
Our 'poofy' pockets (I believe the UD design is a 'poofy' design rather than slimline design) do this regularly whereas our slimline pockets don't...

You might need wider inserts... Something like a pad folded bamboo terry for example..

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu May 27, 2010 3:36 pm

This used to happen with India if we used Blueberry one sizes. They just didnt suit her shape. In the end I gave up on pockets for her as we couldnt find one that worked.

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions as we also have this problem with inserts bunching up x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:35 pm

agree about the 'poofy' thing! :) Using a slim insert in our preloved UDs doesn't work, but folding a bamboo terry so it's wider and fills the space better works much better.

Hope you can make it work! :) x

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Thu May 27, 2010 4:44 pm

I found with my UD a trifold itti insert worked well. Although I always got a bad fit with UD applix pockets as they didn't go tight enough round the waist :babyrolleyes:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies