hf1

Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Just been reading on FB that BG V3 are being discontinued and something else is coming out to replace them :cry: I know the colours are boring but these nappies have formed the bedrock of my stash for 9 months and I love them. They are the only pocket that are leak-proof with Max :(

Anyone else heard anything about this??

http://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co. ... continued/

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Yes, they are discontinued with immediate effect :( There are plenty of sales on if you want to get some though. Most have 20% off. I'm keeping some back for my Max I have to admit.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm

:shock: wonder why they are doing that? I like them, yeah they aren't the prettiest but they are good and functional! x

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Borndirect I think are selling with 25% off if anyone is looking to pick some up.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Kirstyh wrote::shock: wonder why they are doing that? I like them, yeah they aren't the prettiest but they are good and functional! x

I love them and dont think they look that bad tbh.

There is a new product being launched on the 19th July. Stockists get pre-order details next week :D

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Caroline wrote:
Kirstyh wrote::shock: wonder why they are doing that? I like them, yeah they aren't the prettiest but they are good and functional! x

There is a new product being launched on the 19th July. Stockists get pre-order details next week :D

Do you know what it is? Is it another pocket? Seems rather drastic that they've completely discontinued them when they're so popular still :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Will be interesting to see what the replacement is. I kept 3 "just incase" nappies for Gracie and they are all BG, they fit her really well and look great on, ah well x

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Emma1977 wrote:
Caroline wrote:

Do you know what it is? Is it another pocket? Seems rather drastic that they've completely discontinued them when they're so popular still :-?

No we havent been told anything yet. I hope its just as good if not better!

DH is seriously confused as to why they have done it. His advice to all my customers would have been buy 20 V3's and a wet bag. I like the fact they are velcro as Max is so wriggly. I think I'm in the minority there though.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Caroline wrote:No we havent been told anything yet. I hope its just as good if not better!

DH is seriously confused as to why they have done it. His advice to all my customers would have been buy 20 V3's and a wet bag. I like the fact they are velcro as Max is so wriggly. I think I'm in the minority there though.

No you're not the only one. My Max is a wriggler and cries during nappy changes and I find the applix gets a better fit for him than snaps due to his skinny waist and chunky thighs. I for one am very sad to see these go as I use them as IL nappies and was hoping to have a stash for the next one. I have 20 now but they're becoming very battered as I use them during the week and don't think they would last another one. Plus, I don't have surplus cash to buy a load of new ones for a second baby that we may not have :(

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies