Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I like the velcro on them as well, if I knew 100% that we were having another baby I would buy some now !

I'm thinking the same thing.

:giggle: glad it's not just me!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I am surprised by this to I must be honest, although I do find them a bit boring they are definitely uber reliable - DH forgot to change DD before a nap when he had her the other day and her BG didn't leak even though she'd been in it over 4 hours!

I have a stash of a few which she wears when DH or Grandma have her, and I was planning on them being my nursery nappies for her when I go back to work. Might have to pick up a few preloved - chances are they will be cheaper if the V4 is better - V2 are much cheaper now than V3 I think?

My avatar
Cocoaone
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cocoaone » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 pm

As far as I know- the only difference between v2 & v3 was that the v3 have a larger hole for stuffing and a piece of PUL that goes part way down the inside front of the nappy (to stop wicking up the belly)
Maybe they are just making small changes again and possibly adding more colours/patterns? I love my v3s - got 24 of them!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Cocoaone wrote:As far as I know- the only difference between v2 & v3 was that the v3 have a larger hole for stuffing and a piece of PUL that goes part way down the inside front of the nappy (to stop wicking up the belly)
Maybe they are just making small changes again and possibly adding more colours/patterns? I love my v3s - got 24 of them!

I think they come with the additional newborn insert too - but yes as you say it's not much difference really.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 am

Kirstyh wrote:
Geordie_Girl wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I like the velcro on them as well, if I knew 100% that we were having another baby I would buy some now !

I'm thinking the same thing.

:giggle: glad it's not just me!

I have had 10 brand new V3's stashed incase I ever had another baby. I got a lot very cheap when DS2 was tiny and I could never have used them all but thought it better to save some of them just incase :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 am

whhhhhhhy??? I was planning on using these for nursery nappies for Noah when I go to college, might have to get some now

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am

Shaunie wrote:I did hear a few weeks ago that a popular brand pocket nappy was bringing out a minkee range so wonder if this is it? Person who told me this was sworn to secrecy so could not say any more. I'm excited now because I've been looking for new minkee pockets :wine:

Hope they are the same fit & work effectively as the current one's :D

Babykind have just today released the hip hip baby nappies in minky and a few minky prints too :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:36 am

karenandgeorgia wrote:
Shaunie wrote:I did hear a few weeks ago that a popular brand pocket nappy was bringing out a minkee range so wonder if this is it? Person who told me this was sworn to secrecy so could not say any more. I'm excited now because I've been looking for new minkee pockets :wine:

Babykind have just today released the hip hip baby nappies in minky and a few minky prints too :D

*runs to look*
We've actually started using the RE pockets as night nappies! Boosted with a terry they last over night :shock: They're really bulky though :giggle:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 am

Nope, it's Wonderoos and Real easy :D minkee BGs would be nice though!

I wonder why they are discontinuing them. I havent got any yet but was planning to get a few to send to the childminders and grandparents etc - they can't seem to work poppers, she always comes home with her nappy hanging off! :giggle: I might have to buy a few now. I hope that, whatever these new ones are, they aren't much different.

Rach xx

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies