hf1

Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Looks like its bye-bye to BumGenius V3

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 am

flutterby wrote:whhhhhhhy??? I was planning on using these for nursery nappies for Noah when I go to college, might have to get some now

Same here :(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:15 am

Hi there (first post!! yippee!)

Im just getting into reusables. I wanted to use from birth and got a trial pack from my council, but just found the choice and variety too overwhelming and confusing in those early days. I realise the finacial savings i can make (as well as environmental) but its still quite a big outlay on something you're not sure will suit. Anyway, i want to take the plunge, and was thinking of getting some V3s as they look simple and are now on special offer!

Any advice for one of little brain such as me?!

Em + Jen 8m

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 am

They're a great nappy and very easy to use, I'd recommend getting some definitely, especially since they're on special now. Might be worth getting a few of some other types too though, just because they're being discontinued so you might eventually need to change to a different type, so it'd be handy to know what you like and what works for you.

One thing I would recommend is that you get some different inserts (the absorbent bit), as microfibre isn't necessarily that good on its own. I'd recommend some hemp, like Easy Peasy hemp boosters, and some bamboo, lots of people here like P'tits Dessous bamboo inserts.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks for reply, would i have to change nappies eventually or just add more of a different type? I though nappies were mix and match to come extent. I dont want to buy them if they will be no good in a few months....

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 am

BumGenius V3 are birth to potty, so they're adjustable to supposedly fit all babies, but you might find that once your LO gets closer to potty training, they outgrow them, not all do, but some do. My DS' still fit fine and he's almost 3.

There's also the possibility that they might just get worn out after 2 or 3 years of use, they last a long time, but not always forever (although I have to say our BGs are the most reliable and well lasting pockets that we have). So if they do wear out and you need to replace them then you won't be able to replace them with more BG V3 as there won't be any more, so you'll have to try something else.

Then of course there's the possibility that by joining CNT you'll become completely fluff-addicted and want to try everything :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:46 am

Brilliant! Didnt want to buy something that I couldnt get parts for when it broke down!!! Perfect will be placing my order soon... now which colours...!

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:03 am

I'd hold off just for a few hours, BG announce the replacement for the v3 today. I'm betting it will be a v4, unless they have gone stark raving bonkers and have really got rid of the best selling pocket about!

v3 is a fab nappy, and I would recommend it to anyone, but you might like the new one more, depending on what it is. I'm hoping for prints and/or poppers!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

Oooh, is it today? Shows how much attention I've been paying :oops: . I hope it is just a V4. Not sure what they can improve though, longer tabs would be a bit better, but that's about it.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am

best be a v4, i reccomend them to everyone looking to try cloth

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies