hf1

Please tell me about AI2's!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Please tell me about AI2's!

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

:idea: I use fitteds but really liked the idea of pockets but didn't get on with them, I liked the realiability if my fitteds! So Q's

Are AI2 more like pockets or fitteds? eg realiability for wicking/leaking & solids!

Can you just replace the inside bit if its not wet (is this often) or do you have a new one each time?

If you use WN AI2 or Puddlekins AI2, particually the puddlekins onesize please tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading! :lol:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Please tell me about AI2's!

Postby northernruth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:18 pm

I think they are more like pockets, didn't like them here, we had modern baby pop ins (now close pop ins) whih we liked but not keen on Itti's or the like. Generally I think they last less long than pockets. Yes you can replace the inserts if just wet. I didn't like that the poo got on the edges of all the inserts even with liners (sorry TMI!) whereas with pockets it just shakes off the fleece.

But not tried either of the brands you are asking about so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :wink: they usually do :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I too think they're much more like pockets. I tried a couple of WN ones & I think they may have leaked / wicked for us but I get that with pockets too :-? I guess I just preferred my pockets so that's not much help is it :giggle:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 am

I have tried both WNAI2s and WN pockets and tbh I much prefer the pockets. The AI2s only last about 2 hours tops (and that's with me adding an extra bamboo booster underneath the AI2 inserts, whereas our pockets last us a good 4 hours if necessary! I also liked the idea of changing the inserts rather than the whole nappy, but tbh I always found that the nappy was too wet to leave on (I'm the same with Itti SIOs too, so I don't bother buying the extra inserts sets). WN pockets are definitely my favourite nappy over anything!

Rach xx

My avatar
katyt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katyt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:33 pm

I didn't get on with the WNAI2 either, just didn't last long enough. I have a muttaqin that I get on well with though :) x

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 am

Well just to be different...

I have used Biit D'lish AI2 and it has lasted ages without leaks, and also made my own fleece wraps with booster pads in (making it silimlar to AI2s or prefold n wrap types) and they last well too. Bamboo and microfibre seem to work best - together.

I was considering making some pockets cos I love the idea but having noticed they are mostly lined with fleece which does having wicking properties and also given that there is another thread at the moment commenting on how pockets leak often, I keep coming back to the wraps and boosters or poppered in boosters (AI2s) being the best absorbant and leakproof combination.

Interested to hear what others think as I want to make the pockets but can't afford to waste the precious few minutes my 6 week old lets me sew!!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies