hf1

Recommendations for large pockets please

My avatar
ilovemyoboes
Clothie
Clothie

Recommendations for large pockets please

Postby ilovemyoboes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm coming rather late to cloth nappies as my boy is now 14months. I had picked up a variety nappies some time ago but even the BTP ones are a little small on him as he's very tall and has a decent sized waist too. Can anyone recommend some pockets that fit larger babies, especially tall babies!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Recommendations for large pockets please

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:06 pm

have you tried thirsty duo pocket? i have 1 and they are pretty big! there BTP, my 13month old is on the middle snaps and its still has pleanty of room, they sell them on funkymonkeypants.com

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

L Upsy Daisy pockets are nice (they're closed now so you'll have to look in classifieds for preloved). Also the Real Easy pockets/AIOs are nice and go to XL. (Dawn wears a L UD or a XL RE)
YoYoos are also big fit, but you can't buy them over here anymore, so again, classifieds will be your friend there.

The Little Lamb pockets are meant to be good and they do a Size 3 (which fits Dawn nicely)

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:24 pm

I had this with my DD. She has just turned 3 (and finally potty trained!) but she is currently wearing age 4/5 clothes. Has always been a year above her age in clothes size and outgrew her Bumgenius and a lot of the BTP nappies pretty early one as she is so tall too.

I used Wonderoos and Mommys touch with her. Wonderoos can be well stuffed to deal with the worst toddler wee, but they are more bulky and if they were not put on exactly right she got builders bum with them :giggle: but they were so reliable I lived with that. Is easier with a girl though as skirts make big cloth bums easier to deal with.

Mommys Touch were good too, and with a hemp booster added would last a good 3+ hours. You can also buy extender tabs for the poppers although thankfully I never needed them. They are a trimmer fit for under trousers.

Happy Heiny one size also fitted, and have seen some recommending them because of this. I found that the inserts, even with boosters were not up to toddler piddling though, so only used ours as a last resort nappy.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Another vote here for large upsy daisy pockets - I have several & my tall, chunky lad has loads of growing room - both ways :oops: :giggle:

Mommy's touch I always found spacious too.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:48 pm

am going to try the new bumGenius to see if it really will suit larger babies...

the new pop n gro pocket is good- Ryan is at least 26lbs and can easily still wear the size 1- so am hoping the size 2 will last ages!! It's lovely and trim too.

Agree with UD pockets, also we have a good fit with a large WNSS (the high rise one)

My avatar
katyt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katyt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Green Kids come up pretty big for us, and they have gorgeous prints :)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies