hf1

suggsstions for shopping and stuffing

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

suggsstions for shopping and stuffing

Postby clothpenguin » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:37 am

any suggestions for some pockets for the change bag for my very skinny minnies? Currently only weighing about 7lb and
8lb respectively but are about 58cm long. Love BG's (fitted Imogen from when she was about 6lb at a point when she had still not regained her birth weight, but she's a very long baby) birth to potty would be great as we need them to last. They still very easily fit into extra small fuzzis but can outpee them in about an hour and a half which is a real bummer. Any stuffing ideas, easypeasy hemp wont fit such a tiny pocket. Would be better to use my fuzzi's which look so cute and are despic thin,but if Ihave to buy others I am prepared to compromise on uk made this time round.

So excited I get to post here!!!!!!should be asleep really...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: suggsstions for shopping and stuffing

Postby beck » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:45 am

I love green kids and there a great BTP. I use WAHM or my own made inserts.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:06 am

What about the hemp inserts that go into the wonderoos. The small insert would work until you got a bigger bub when you could use the larger hemp insert (or both together). Also we got some small wee notions hemp boosters that might work as an extra absorbant layer for you.

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 am

What about getting some hemp fabric from babeco? Then you can cut it to whatever size you need.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:13 am

For onesize pockets - try GreenKids (available in the UK from Nappyzone), the new minky ones are gorgeous and soft or a Happy Heiny onesize. Both very good value. The Happy Heiny onesize comes complete with 2 inserts - a little one for the smallest setting and a larger one.

For inserts, you could try adding a couple of microfibre cleaning cloths to the fuzzi inserts if there is space to stuff some more in, could give you that little extra time.

The Wonderfull inserts are great and the little one should work well but they are quite expensive, although will then last you a long time with the big one as well.

Otherwise, Wee Notions inserts are a good option. Or making your own - although I am rubbish at making anything and don't even have a sewing machine so wouldn't go for that option :lol:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies