hf1

WNSS vs WNOS

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

WNSS vs WNOS

Postby Asta » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:16 pm

I have a WNSS that we really like but I still far prefer Aplix to poppers. I want to order another WN but when I tried a OS around 3 months ago the legs gapped massively. Does anyone know roughly what weight there OS's started to fit from? Or even better a thigh measurement!

I just don't want to spend a lot on a WNOS for it to sit in a drawer unused.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WNSS vs WNOS

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 am

At 7 months I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problem, I've heard of people using them from around 3 weeks on the smallest setting - if you get leg gape, see if you can get away with lowering the rise, as that usually helps. She'll probably be on the medium setting, though, and I'm not sure you'd get away with the small one! I love our WNOSs, they don't necessarily work perfectly for all babies at all times (she may change shape several times as she grows and starts moving around more) but they always fit my LO just right, even when we were having problems with the side snaps.

My avatar
CharlottesClan
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby CharlottesClan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 am

our wnos on my daughter only fitted about half the time she was in nappies. it was either too snug on the legs or far too loose :giggle:
we get on much better with the ss, and the large ss are much bigger and last right up until pting, where as the os all my children have outgrown.

My avatar
LibraryGoddess
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LibraryGoddess » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 am

Hi, I've been wondering the same thing about SS... We have a OS that we love but am waiting till she's a little bigger to fit into a large SS. The OS fits beautifully and DD has 12" thighs, if that helps.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

It's not about from what weight, they fitted DD beautifully until she was about 9 months (15lb) then stopped fitting until a few months ago, they fit DS2 at the mo but I don't doubt there will be times that they don't it's just one of those things when it comes to any OS I think

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

DD has 10" thighs and a 17" waist and fits large DD you probably don't need to wait

T
LibraryGoddess wrote:Hi, I've been wondering the same thing about SS... We have a OS that we love but am waiting till she's a little bigger to fit into a large SS. The OS fits beautifully and DD has 12" thighs, if that helps.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 pm

I have both OS and SS i prefer the fit of the side snaps but I wanted to wait until she was in large before I started buying sized she was 8 months thighs about 11.5" we couldn't use our os from about 5-7 months as they leaked constantly due to leg gape as she was between the small and medium rise setting they are fab again now she is in the middle setting :wine:
and we used them from 2 weeks of age ,
hth x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 am

Well I went for side snap because DD is still on the smallest popper of these so figured it would last her a good while.

Then went and bought a OS anyway! Hopefully it will fit alright as I bought it for a wedding we've got at the end of August.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies