hf1

Mommy's Touch?

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Mommy's Touch?

Postby Claire » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:25 am

Does anyone have these? How do you rate them? I am so tempted by some minkytimes, esp. when the new prints come out. Mimi has started to undo velcro though so I want to try out some popper styles. These ones have a few nice prints but I can't remember what I've heard about them.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Mommy's Touch?

Postby Annette » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:17 am

I have a couple of old style Mommy's Touch. They do have some lovely colours and prints. They can be quite fiddly to fold down for a newborn, although I think they improved this a bit with the new design. Generally they are a good reliable nappy, although not a easy at changetime as a GK but then not as easy to take off either :wink:

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 am

Charliemum wrote: Generally they are a good reliable nappy, although not a easy at changetime as a GK but then not as easy to take off either

Annette, you are no help at all :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you want me to buy one of each or something?????

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:29 am

Claire wrote:
Charliemum wrote: Generally they are a good reliable nappy, although not a easy at changetime as a GK but then not as easy to take off either

Annette, you are no help at all :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you want me to buy one of each or something?????

Of course, what else are we here for??

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 am

I have the older style too and as Annette says they are fiddly to use in the smaller fitting, but I found once Georgia was about a year old I could use them at full size, they are a good fit and very realiable :D I would part with one of mine if you want to try one pre-loved :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:38 am

We had a couple of the old style ones but didnt get on with them - found they gaped around Evies skinny legs and they wicked badly on her. But, have heard they are better for chubbier legs and also heard the new style ones arent as fiddly as the older ones.

Im no help either am I :lol: You are just going to have to buy some 'for research' purposes

Sadie xx

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:04 pm

I got 4 of the newer version (easy clean) and i really rate them, they look a bit mind boggling at first but once you've found the right fit they are fab. The insert really does come out by itself in the wash too so thats very handy :)

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 am

I found them very fiddly in the smallest size. The p'tits dessous is much better, and gives a better size range as well. It's popper fastening, and has a poppered rise adjustment. You can use a similar size adjustment to the Mommys touch, in addition to the poppered rise adjustent when fastening on a tiny newborn, which makes it go REALLY tiny. It seems to be easier to manage on the p'tits dessous than the Mommy's Touch somehow though. Oh, and they are cheaper price too!!! (£10.99)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies