hf1

Pockets leaking while breastfeeding??

My avatar
sthullen
Clothie
Clothie

Pockets leaking while breastfeeding??

Postby sthullen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:45 am

I am quite new to pocket nappies and noticed that the past couple of times she had them on it has leaked on me when DD had a pee while breastfeeding. Is this common or is it that I am putting it on/stuffing them wrong? Or...? :? This has happened with three different pocket brands so I don't think it's specific to a particular pocket. It normally doesn't leak at other times... Any suggestions/ideas to improve this? Thanks!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: Pockets leaking while breastfeeding??

Postby beck » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 am

Its probably the way shes lying, the leg of the pocket could be being pulled at an awkward angle.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:55 am

Probably as she is on her side I pressume :? Maybe try to fasten them a little tighter around the leg to stop the leaks.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:16 pm

I used to get this a LOT but not just with pockets! :?

I found that stripping the nappies actually helped as a little bit of buildup on the fleece (or if she had any cream on her bum) seemed to mean that when it was at an angle the wee rolled off the side instead of passing through...

I found pulling the nappies up (like you'd pull your trousers up if they were slipping down) before feeding helped as did the stripping...

What do you stuff your pockets with?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I think we have a slight problem with fleece and creams, so I have found a small terry booster on top of the fleece next to bum helps us at the moment!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 pm

I found the same thing when Mimi was very small. I think because the pockets were probably a little bit big around her legs and the wee was just coming straight out of the sides. I had to fasten them so tightly around her legs. It stopped when she chunked out a bit, I think around 4 months. How old is your LO?

My avatar
sthullen
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sthullen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:32 pm

She is 3 1/2 months, and small and lean - I guess the nappies fit her a little bit big sometimes, so that's probably part of the reason... I will try also the terry booster and see if that help - perhaps the fleece doesn't absorb it quick enough and then rolls down the side! Thanks for the advice and suggestions so far!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies