hf1

Flips and weehuggers

My avatar
emuk00
Clothie
Clothie

Flips and weehuggers

Postby emuk00 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:14 am

Who uses both and which one do you prefer?

I use flips for both of my girls with the stay dry insert and organic and both for bed. I am undecided whether to try a weehugger or just buy some more outers and inserts in the flip range.

Any feedback grateful here

Do I get a weehugger?

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Flips and weehuggers

Postby scubelle » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:30 pm

I've been wondering which to get. I've ordered a weehugger to try, i just prefer the feel of the cotton outer to the nylon PUL on th Flip. But interested in what others who have both think!

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

i have flips and had a look at a friends WH and tbh i think i prefer the flips, the WH's rise poppers looked a bit close to the legs so when worn looked like they would dig in, my friend sold hers in the end because they left big marks on her bubba :hug:

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am

I now have both (1 weehugger and 2 flips), my weehugger is the popper version. These are my first wraps and I really like this style of nappy - I have some flip stay dry inserts and some swaddlebees prefolds which I use in both the weehugger and the flip.

The weehugger is neater, it has leg gussets which make the fit more secure and in general they seem slimmer on the baby, however the fabric used for the stay put flaps is cotton (which is backed with some waterproofing) and it does get wet, which means it has to be replaced and washed more often then the flip. It also means that it takes longer to dry after the wash, the flip drys very quickly because it is all made of the same PUL material. The flip is much more straight forward, not so cute and looks like it will last onto a larger baby.

Cost wise at most online stores the flip is £10.95, the weehugger is £13.50. That is before you've bought the inserts.

I'm probably going to buy one more weehugger and two more flips.

Hope that helps

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 pm

I have both and for prettyness and comfort I prefer the wee huggers, I would buy more wee huggers but I wouldn't get more flips prefer thirsties for a quick drying option :D
hth,

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:23 pm

I havent tried thirsties. Do they have the stay put flaps? Are they slim fitting? They look pretty.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:36 pm

they don't have the stay put flaps but they still hold the prefold snug, very slim fitting over a prefold I have just ordered 2 more :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Tried the Flip with Emi and didn't like that. Not perfect fit and a bit too plastic iykwim.

Have Weehuggers now for Isis and I love them. Use them with a prefold and lasts long and fits good.

My avatar
nelix2000
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nelix2000 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:55 pm

I have weehuggers and I do love them, we need somethign a bit quicker drying so trying to swap them on here for thisties. Flips are good too....weehuggers are bombproof and have never left marks.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies