How young...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How young...

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 pm

a baby can you use pockets on?

Basically I have bought my sister loads of nappy bargains for her baby (due on 24th April) We've got:

5 x little lambs & 3 x Little Lamb Wraps
6 x Diddy Diapers & 4 x Swaddlebee Wraps (they're so cute!)

and I'm just about to buy 7 small fuzzi bunz.

Do you think she'll need anymore 2 parts or will they be enough to last until she starts using the fuzzis and other pockets?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How young...

Postby Rae » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm not sure about containment with pockets on little babies. I think the 2 parters would be my mainstay for little babies.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:54 pm

I used pockets straight away and as long as the leg holes are a snug fit then theres no reason not to give them a go :D

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Hannah

Mimi wasn't a small baby, she was 8lb 4oz at birth. The only pockets I had when she was tiny were bumgenius. I didn't try to put them on her until she was about 4 weeks old. They fitted her fine then, if I'd tried them earlier they'd have probably fitted her straight away. Everyone says that they aren't good for bf poo but we've never had a problem. They've always contained it well, ok not quite so good as 2 parters but that's still the case now. The only thing I did get was some wicking around the stretchy tabs. She liked to lie on her side and I'd sometimes find her wet.

Anyway, they convinced me to get lots more pockets. I'm sure some small, sized ones would be fine from an early age. Well done for converting your sister, no such luck with mine :roll:

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks ladies. I did think she'd be using 2 parts for the first couple of weeks. I can see her being a pocket lover so didn't want to buy too many 2 parts if the baby can go into pockets at 3/4 weeks old iykwim.

What would you stuff a pocket with for a little baby?

Sorry or all the Q's but I didn't start using cloth until Erin was 9 months!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:00 pm

My friend has some small fuzzis for her little girl and at 7lb 12 born they were way too big and are still a little gappy on her legs now and she is 10ish weeks. She seems to fit the bumgenius and the one size blueberry fine with no containment problems. Pockets are still way better at containing newborn poop that dispos but 2 parts are better still :D

My avatar
LauraH
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LauraH » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi,

I found fitted and a wrap best for a couple of months, but you need about ten nappies and four wraps I would say. I used easy peasy bimbles on my little girl and found them really good as they're quite cheap and fleece lined so keep her nice and dry. I found they worked best with small motherease airflow wraps, but also used my sons pockets as wraps and found bum genius one size blueberries worked really well for this.

Laura

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 am

The best pocket by far I've come across is the p'tits dessous mini-maxi. It's a birth to potty, but really adjusts down tiny for a newborn. It goes far larger at the other end of the size range as well, than any other pocket I've tried.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies