hf1

BG flip inserts

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

BG flip inserts

Postby gem1981 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Could someone tell me the difference between the organic cotton ones and the stay dry ones please, in terms of absorbancy? Thank you x

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: BG flip inserts

Postby Caroline » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:35 am

The organic cotton are much more absorbent than the stay dry. The stay-dry are micro-fibre, therefore great for a lighter wetter.

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:43 am

The organic cotton unfold aswell so dry quicker if u are a line drying person, i have a light wetter and she still wets throu her flip stay drys very quick

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 am

I dont like microfibre at all but the organic cotton ones are lovely, we really like them...they always line dry soft too (everything here goes crunchy without a blast in the drier but these never need it!) Love 'em! :mrgreen:

My avatar
AnnaG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AnnaG » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:16 am

I find the stay dry inserts brill for daytime - they really do stay completely dry to touch, even if underneath is soaking. We use the organic ones at night - they're really absorbant but sometimes leave her bum slightly damp-feeling in the moorning.

Love both though :)

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bluetomato » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:01 pm

I use them both on Harrison but think the organic cotton ones are more absorbant. They don't take to long to dry either x

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:53 pm

I like the organic cotton ones but they need a liner unless you dont mind the dampness, I wouldnt say they are really absorbant compared to hemp or bamboo, I have some stay dry on the way, it would be great if they could put a stay dry liner on some of the organic cotton inserts and give you the choice there, and also provide hemp/bamboo inserts but maybe some prefolds would fit?

My avatar
zumi
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby zumi » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Econobum prefolds are good too, very absorbent and really good price. This is not as soft as the Organic, but absorbent as well.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies