Pocket for tall toddler?

My avatar
LauraH
Clothie
Clothie

Pocket for tall toddler?

Postby LauraH » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi
I'm trying to find the perfect pocket for my big boy. My best on him at the moment are blueberry and bumgenius, but both are a bit low in the rise for him so sometimes leak around the waist at the front. I'm still searching for my perfect pocket. Fuzzis look a better fit on him, but I've never found them reliable as he's a heavy wetter - they always leak around the legs.
Basically, I'm looking for something reliable, cute and high in the rise. Thought there may be a wahm solution that might fit the bill, but don't know where to start.
Any suggestions?

Laura :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Pocket for tall toddler?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Well thinking about it I don't know of any that are *really* long in the rise I would have thought any of the WAHMS with great CS such as weenotions, or pocket-bots might be able to make you longer-rise versions of their nappies...

I'm just trying to think what Isabelle's best nappies are - for reliability the lycra weenotions and poly-pocketbots-plus are pretty reliable for us...

What size fuzzis is he in?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Well thinking about it I don't know of any that are *really* long in the rise I would have thought any of the WAHMS with great CS such as weenotions, or pocket-bots might be able to make you longer-rise versions of their nappies...

I'm just trying to think what Isabelle's best nappies are - for reliability the lycra weenotions and poly-pocketbots-plus are pretty reliable for us...

Butting in here, are the lycra weenotions OK for heavy wetters? How long can you get one to last on your little one? Is she a heavy wetter? :)

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:43 pm

I am not sure if she's a heavy wetter but I think being a toddler the element of bladder control now means sometimes she's dry and other times she floods!

But yes she can be a VERY heavy wetter - I have a cotton print weenotions and find that I have to change it after 2hrs no unless stuffed to night-time type proportions... BUT the lycra ones I have are very reliable - haven't wicked yet, even after 5hrs with a fuzzi mf insert and easypeasy hemp booster - and they were absolutely sodden - TMI but they were almost dripping wet... and NO leaks, very impressed...

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:31 pm

p'tits Dessous mini-maxi is very long in the rise. It's a superb nappy! Lots of nice colours too. I've just put a review in the Reviews section

My avatar
LauraH
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LauraH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Well thinking about it I don't know of any that are *really* long in the rise I would have thought any of the WAHMS with great CS such as weenotions, or pocket-bots might be able to make you longer-rise versions of their nappies...

Keep being drawn to weenotions - want to try night notions too, might have to give them a go. He's in large fuzzis, but only on the second popper setting so thing xl would be too baggy. Weirdly he's been in the same size for the entire time he's been in cloth cos he was an absolute monster as a baby - 22lbs at 13 wks! More normal sized now though thank goodness!! :D

Thanks for the advice.
Lx

My avatar
LauraH
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LauraH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 pm

mumtokirsty wrote:p'tits Dessous mini-maxi is very long in the rise. It's a superb nappy! Lots of nice colours too. I've just put a review in the Reviews section

Thanks. Have had a look and seen some good reviews. Is there anywhere in the uk that sells them?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies