Minkee Nappies for wee monsters!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Minkee Nappies for wee monsters!

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:21 pm

As in the gorgeous soft fabric. :wink:

I keep reading different things about minkee being ok for heavy wetters. some say yes, some say no.

so what is the concensus of opinion?

are they really do-able for little ones who wee a lot?! :lol:

drooling over several colours on various websites. :wink:

would they be ok if stuffed properly? or should i give up dreaming now?

helen xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Minkee Nappies for wee monsters!

Postby tanya » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:13 am

I have Blueberry minkies and a very heavy wetter and have no problems with wicking. The insert is absolutely soaked by the time we take the nappy off, but works wonderfully. To the extent that I want more!! Already have one more on the way.

I think it depends more on the shape of the baby.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:47 am

Do you find lycra nappies any good or have you not tried any?

It's such a shame that we're limited by what our little ones can use. :( There are so many gorgeous nappies out there especially the WAHM ones but so many of them are cotton outers. :roll:

Helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:09 am

If you find a nappy that suits your LO, then it's worth asking the WAHM that makes them if they can source polyester fabrics. Otherwise you can see if you can find your own polyester print fabrics and DIY or get a WAHM to make it up for you with your fabric.
eg, Daphne Hernandez (daphne_hernandez@yahoo.com) is an American WAHM but lives in Finland, and has told me 'You just have to let me know if you want girl, boy, or neutral and can pick up some poly for the outer layer as well. If you didnt have anything particular in mind then I can use my judgement to pick the prints. And I can make pockets as well.' I haven't used her (or know anyone that has), but am tempted http://www.daphnerh.etsy.com

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:05 pm

I think Minkee is fine for heavier wetters. It does tend to be natural fabrics like cotton that wick and the manmade ones like polyester and minkee that don't so I would say go for it.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:05 pm

I use a weenotions minkee pocket on ds at night and had no problems with it. It's always stuffed with a cotton bottoms prefold and hemp booster and is bomb proof so far.

My avatar
LauraH
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LauraH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm

I use blueberry with the microfibre/hemp inserts with no probs and they look lush! Oh and Itty Bitty d'lish are amazingly reliable, but found sizes v skimpy. I have a 20lb baby in a large and she's not even on the smallest setting.
Laura

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies