hf1

Itti bitty newborn help

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Itti bitty newborn help

Postby sjm » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 am

Which boosters do I use. It's a sio and I tried it on with all the boosters and it's huge with leg gape. Do I just use less boosters or wait for her to grow

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Itti bitty newborn help

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:34 pm

wait for her to grow hun. we couldn't use the smalls till about 6 weeks old. no matter how we tried :-(

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:22 pm

we used the smalls from 2 weeks, and they were fine but she was a big baby (9lb 4). as she grew there were times we had good fit and times we didn't. waiting a couple of weeks they usually fit again.

one thing we found helped was holding the hourglass and trifold inserts on top of each other, one hand on each end, move them like a caterpillar or wave if you get what i mean, have the ripple go along the legnth of the inserts a couple of times - this seemed to soften them up a bit and let them mould to her shape better, and helped prevent leg gape. we didn't have any more issues once we started doing that.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Is it on the tightest setting? what is bubs' weight?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:01 pm

I used the AIO's from 4 days old with no issues even BF poo! But they sat better round the legs than the snap ins. He was around 8lb10oz as he was still in losing mode at that point.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

She was 7 lb 11 oz last week. They are sio think aio would fit better

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 am

maybe try aio but they are really similar. is it on the tighest setting? izzy had really skinny legs newborn so we didn't get a good fit at first.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies