More stuffing help required

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: More stuffing help required

Postby anya1973 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm

JanX wrote:
anya1973 wrote:I keep finding that his nappies wick round the leg holes - even on poly pul ones. Is it the inserts not being enough that is causing this?

do you use the vest/bodysuits that popper inbetween his legs? if they are a little too tight there they can squash the nappy, which in turn will squeeze the wee out of the inserts and cause leaks! Also if his trousers are a little tight/small around the nappy the same thing can happen (I found these were the main cause fo leaks/wicking when ds1 was small!)

jan x

Hi, Jan

I do use the popper bodysuits. He's only 15 weeks old on Friday and already in size 6-9 vests as he's so long in the body. They were a little bit lose on him in disposables but fitted OK over cloth but actually now I come to think of it they are getting a bit of a snug fit even over a disposable at the moment so time to rethink.

I might buy the ones that are just like little t-shirts, I'm sure I've seen them in Woolworths. I find the poppers a faff anyway as my hands are quite stiff due to my rheumaticy thing I have. :(

I'm on the lookout for bigger trousers. Have a nice pair of cherokee jeans which are good over cloth bums, also three pairs of joggers. I need to have a look round. A lot of the clothes I see in the shops aren't long enough in the rise. :roll:

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: More stuffing help required

Postby anya1973 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:24 pm

buzzybee21 wrote:Don't know if this helps but my weenotions are all stuffed with weenotions fold in three inserts - one side bamboo and one side microfibre. That's a good combination for us.

I have a poly pocket bot and the easy peasy hemp insert fits that really well and I put either a microfibre square or a microfibre cleaning cloth in there.

I use Tesco's value microfibre cloths as wipes and for stuffing / boosting - they were 89p for 3 when I bought them!

Have you got the legs tight enough? Can they go one tighter or one looser? Definitely lose the popper vests - we haven't had as many problems since we stopped with them.

HTH!

Hi,

I've got some wee notions inserts on order - can't remember which ones though! :lol:

I've got the legs on the tightest settings. Could they be too tight? Will lose the vests - it's getting warm enough not to need them anyway.

Thanks

Helen xx

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies