hf1

Leaking nappies?

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Leaking nappies?

Postby labbiefan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 am

Hi Ladies- I usually use fitted two part nappies, however a good friend has leant me some pocket nappies (funzi bunis + other brands) so thought I'd give them a try-
Well I've tried to use them twice and on both occassions they've leaked :shock: Pee and poop!
I've used a good booster (micro fibre in one and hemp in another) and an additional fleece linner-

The nappies to me look a bit loose round the leg, and this is where the leaks occurred?

any advice gratefully recieved-

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Leaking nappies?

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am

more than likely the legs hun. also, hemp is slow to absorb, you need something else in with it really, on top of it so that absorbs first, then the hemp can absorb slowly.
and MF can wick really badly (things squish out if sat on!)
we used bamboo and hemp in our pockets.

hope that helped! :hug:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:47 am

The fleece liner might not be helping the situation, either. Fleece on microfleece or suedecloth can be too water repellent, so you're not giving the pocket inserts a chance to absorb properly and everything's just leaking out of the sides. Most pocket inners are usually stay dry, so there's no need for an additional liner for that purpose. Of course, if the fit of the nappy is rubbish to start with, that's most likely the problem. Not every nappy suits the shape of every baby. :)

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks ladies- will try again when my LO's legs chub out a bit :D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies