Anyone tried these?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Anyone tried these?

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Been pootling about looking for pocket nappies to spend my paypal on. :wink:

I stumbled across these - anyone used one? Any opinions?

http://www.cottoncherub.com/Knickernappies.htm

I usually prefer prints but as Cole is a heavy wetter the cotton prints most manufacturers seem to favour don't suit us. :( :roll: So I suppose I might have to resign myself to the fact that plain PUL seems to be the best choice for us as printed poly pul is so hard to find.

What do ya reckon?! :D

Helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Anyone tried these?

Postby Rae » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Haven't seen those before, but Minky fabrics are 100% poly pul, and there are some cool animal prints and patterns.
http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/greenkids%20minkytimes.htm
also for something else
http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/drybees.htm

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:04 pm

Rae wrote:Haven't seen those before, but Minky fabrics are 100% poly pul, and there are some cool animal prints and patterns.
http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/greenkids%20minkytimes.htm

Tee hee! You must be a mind-reader! I have just been looking at the minkytimes nappies. :lol:

Do they really work OK on younger babies? Cole is 15 weeks now, about 14lb, long body, average legs, small beer belly. :lol:

Would they look OK or swamp him do you reckon?

Soooo tempted by the Zebra one. :wink: I have a pot of paypal burning a hole in my pocket. :lol: Any other bright funky nappies you can recommend? Prefer poppers but aplix fine as long as it can crossover at waist.

Have Weenotions on order, lots of Funky Nappies - love them they fit a dream, Upsy Daisy on order too. Waiting to see the new poly prints at Pocket Bots.

Can't have cotton prints as Cole is a heavy wetter at the moment.

Helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:07 pm

I think he would fit into a greenkids, but even if for some reason he didn't, he will grow into it.
I would also love that deco square drybees print for a boy.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Somewhere in the photo album is a pic of Ben wearing a greenkids cars nappy which fitted him fine, probably around the same weight a couple of months ago!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Rae wrote:I think he would fit into a greenkids, but even if for some reason he didn't, he will grow into it.
I would also love that deco square drybees print for a boy.

Good thinking Batman! :lol: Mind you, I'm so desparate to get him out of disposables and back into cloth I really need them to fit right now. :roll: I know, I know, he'll grow into them.

Ooh - I'm going to end up buying one. :lol: Shame the bamboo inserts are out of stock. Wonder what other bamboo inserts will fit. Off to have a nosey around... :lol:

I like the Drybees but they don't have the aplix that crosses over at the waist - really need that for him at the moment. I like Happy Heinys but again they don't cross over at the waist. :(

Helen xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:12 am

Williams 18weeks and we have been using Greenkids since birth, so they should fit him fine.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 pm

anya1973 wrote:I like the Drybees but they don't have the aplix that crosses over at the waist - really need that for him at the moment. I like Happy Heinys but again they don't cross over at the waist. :(
Helen xx

I think the HH one size (poly PUL) does cross over at the waist.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Rae wrote:
anya1973 wrote:I like the Drybees but they don't have the aplix that crosses over at the waist - really need that for him at the moment. I like Happy Heinys but again they don't cross over at the waist. :(
Helen xx

I think the HH one size (poly PUL) does cross over at the waist.

They certainly do :D

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies