hf1

Small Weenotions pockets

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Small Weenotions pockets

Postby Frances » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 pm

How do people get on with these? I'd love to get some for bump but they're one nappy which tend not to come up on recommendation lists for stash-building.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Small Weenotions pockets

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

possibly coz they're not in them long? i'd say a medium would fit from 12ish pounds see

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 pm

We used these last time with DD (we only used pockets after disasters with totsbots fitteds at first). Liked them, fit was great and super trim but i hadnt got the boosting sorted out being a newbie so we did get some wicking at the legs :-? Held poo in well though :wink:

We have 2 WNSS smalls for this LO, one with umbi snaps and 1 without (personal request), i probably wont get any more smalls and just get mediums now they do the standard rise x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:51 pm

on a 13lb oakley the snaps do up on the tightest snaps but i don't think they will for overly much longer. hence why had i known i would have bought it sooner and got it on him at the 11-12lb mark

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:20 pm

I found them very reliable for DD when she was tiny, but they only lasted a few weeks as she was big. She outgrew them too quite to justify the cost, really. I'd wait until the baby fitted mediums before splashing out, if it were me. That said, I have got a few WNNL. I think for fit and absorbency they're better value than WN pockets.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:47 am

Soupdragon wrote:I found them very reliable for DD when she was tiny, but they only lasted a few weeks as she was big. She outgrew them too quite to justify the cost, really. I'd wait until the baby fitted mediums before splashing out, if it were me. That said, I have got a few WNNL. I think for fit and absorbency they're better value than WN pockets.

WSS re value, as you have to buy the inserts for the WNSS. But DD fitted the S WNSS until about 5 months, then her thighs were too chunky :giggle: but i cant get one on her now (with no builders bum!) at 19 months :hohoho: dont think it would last, no where near as much stuffing but she did look funny :giggle:

My avatar
nappymadmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymadmum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 pm

My little monkey has a few of the small Weenotions pockets, in both aplix and side snaps.

Isla was 7lbs15oz at birth and fitted them straight away. She is now 9wks and close to 10lbs and they still fit, with probably at least another month in the aplix ones and even more in the side snaps.

They have been brilliant for us so far, and have the added bonus of being the prettiest nappies on the planet :lol:

If you're going for a small one, the best option would be to go for the newborn gift set, as it comes with an insert and some wipes.

I have a couple of medium WNs pockets which belonged to my now 3.5 year old, these are still too big on Isla even on the tightest snaps, but a medium aI2 that I have isn't far off fitting her now, it seems to be a bit smaller made.

xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Noah's still fit, but doesn't last long, I think it's more dependant on shape than size, Noah's been on the tightest waist snap and the loosest leg snaps since he was born I think, they are lovely tho, and if we ever had another baby I'd get one as a keepsake, as Noah's will be!
Last edited by flutterby on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:55 pm

They only lasted to about 4months max on Grace and you can't get very much stuffing in them before you get leg-gape from too much stuffing if that makes sense... I'd get one for super cuteness and a keepsake but don't get too many as they weren't our most reliable pocket...

I really wish I'd kept Grace's now :cry: if anyone still has the bluebirds one I'd love it back :cry:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies