hf1

Pockets to try? Go on tempt me!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Pockets to try? Go on tempt me!

Postby anya1973 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:33 pm

The stash is building slowly but surely.

I now have or have on order:

Wee Notions side snapping pockets
Funky Nappies (aplix)
Upsy Daisy (poppers)
Pocket Bots

I'm toying with the idea of trying an aplix Upsy Daisy nappy. But I haven't actually seen one on a baby. Does anyone have a photo of their little one wearing one so I can see what they look like on? :wink:

What other pocket nappies are out there? I don't really want one-size ones as I've never found one-size nappies to look OK on my babies - they always look too big on them when little. Although, I guess I could be persuaded if I could see pics of them being used on younger babies (Cole is now about 15 weeks old).

My criteria are:

No cotton prints as he's a wee monster. :lol:
Must be bright colours or patterned if possible.
Snaps or aplix but aplix must have cross-over 'function'.
Like WAHM made nappies but would consider non-WAHM makes if they are any good/look nice.
Willing to buy from abroad if the price is right. :wink:

So what do you reckon? Anything worth trying that I haven't thought of?

Thanks again. Sorry for endless daft questions. :lol: :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Pockets to try? Go on tempt me!

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 pm

I think there's a photo of Isabelle wearing an aplix upsydaisy in the photos section - tho' I'm thinking of selling it soon :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 pm

I like:

Blueberry pockets
Minki (as in nappies by minki) pockets (the standard ones have a cross over applix)
The older style fuzzi bunz are a favourite for me (our staple nappy!)

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 pm

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I think there's a photo of Isabelle wearing an aplix upsydaisy in the photos section - tho' I'm thinking of selling it soon :roll:

Oooh! That looks lovely! Velvet is cotton based though isn't it? Shame if it is as I love the velvet nappies - they look so scrummy!

Are the aplix Upsy Daisy nappies very adjustable? We have to have the cross-over aplix to get a good fit. :)

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Sorry - thought the pic made it clear but yes they're really adjustable - the waist could go quite small...

Never thought whether the velvet was cotton or not - guess it might be but even tho' we get wicking with cotton prints we've not had a problem with these... I'm sure you could get fleece ones tho'...

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:57 pm

JanX wrote:I like:

Blueberry pockets
Minki (as in nappies by minki) pockets (the standard ones have a cross over applix)
The older style fuzzi bunz are a favourite for me (our staple nappy!)

jan x

I have one Blueberry pocket but it wicked quite badly the first time I used it. :( Think it may have been the stuffing though. Also he was wearing a popper vest which I now realise is a big no-no. :D

I never got on with fuzzis when I tried them on my DD - they leaked terribly. :roll:

Minkis - been drooling over them for ages. I used them all the time once my DD was older. She had slinkis and standard ones right up until she potty trained. We loved them. :D I'm dithering about the size of them though. They come up quite big don't they? I have a small one here that I bought before Cole was born and it looks huge! Yet by the size ranges I think he should be in a medium.

Helen xx

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 pm

I have been using the aplix upsy daisy mainly as night nappies but they are fab really.
You can boost these really well too.
I have the construction fleece and the stars and moon (something like that)in fleece.

My favourites are blueberry for day time
happy heiny's OS are really good too and I mean they are excellent as BTP, however I have an issue with the tabs, they seem to get everywhere in the washing. But I definately like the fitted ones, they are great and have ust had three more courtsy Beck who posted it from australia. Thanks again beck.
HTH

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 pm

The sizing is big!

I have the standard mediums and they fit the girls well for overnight (too bulky for day unless staying home!) the girls are 13 months old and weigh around 20lb ish!

I also tried it on my 2 and a half year old 34lbish son (stuffed with 2 bamboo squares) and irt fit him nicely too :lol: (didn't look too great though as it was a bright pink one with sheep on it :hohoho: :hohoho: )

I'd say go for mediums!!

jan x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies