hf1

Another stuffing question....

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Another stuffing question....

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:11 pm

:oops: :oops: I'm so embarassed to be asking yet another question about stuffing pocket nappies. :(

How many layers of bamboo would you expect to need in a pocket nappy for a heavy wetting almost 4 months old boy?

I'm putting a three layer microfibre insert on top to absorb the wee quickly. :D

Is three layers of microfibre too much? :? Can I get away with less microfibre? :?

Thanks



Helen :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby JanX » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Hiya!

I personally have found the perfect combination for us is the petits dessous bamboo inserts (3 layers but I fold them double so 6 layers) and the fuzzi bunz microfibre insert (which I think is 3 layers!) these 2 together work fabby for us in all our pocket nappies and last a good length of time!


jan x

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:01 pm

JanX wrote:Hiya!

I personally have found the perfect combination for us is the petits dessous bamboo inserts (3 layers but I fold them double so 6 layers) and the fuzzi bunz microfibre insert (which I think is 3 layers!) these 2 together work fabby for us in all our pocket nappies and last a good length of time!


jan x


Tee hee! I think you've told me exactly that before. :oops: :lol:

I've put Cole to bed in a Funky Nappy stuffed with a two layer bamboo insert thingy from wee notions - folded into three with a three layer microfibre insert on top. He looks like a weeble with all that on! :lol: I think I've forgotten just how big it makes their bums look. :roll: :lol:

I wasn't expecting the microfibre inserts to be so bulky I guess. But I'm sure someone said that they sort of flatten out over time.

I also wonder though, whether because he is only just big enough to go into the mediums that they are looking on the big size for him. :) But the small would be too small.

Perhaps once he grows a bit more they will look more in proportion to him. :lol:

Thanks for your reply. I'm definitely liking the bamboo more than the hemp from the soft, maleable point of view. I live in a hard water area so anything hemp or terry goes like cardboard. :roll:



Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Yep microfibre does indeed flatten out overtime, I'm always amazed when I see new mf inserts compared with our old fuzzi ones!
But that said we don't use microfibre at night as we found it tends to squish the wee out and so you get leaks... but not everyone gets this... Plus we find it a bit sweaty at night and she was more prone to rashes - we just use bamboo and hemp at night now...

Oh yes and the lovely weeble look - tis hugely more on a littley :D

And don't forget altho' hemp inserts are stiff in hard water areas - when they get wee'd on a bit they soften up no end, and if they're under bamboo and fleece your LO won't feel it anyway...

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Yep microfibre does indeed flatten out overtime, I'm always amazed when I see new mf inserts compared with our old fuzzi ones!
But that said we don't use microfibre at night as we found it tends to squish the wee out and so you get leaks... but not everyone gets this... Plus we find it a bit sweaty at night and she was more prone to rashes - we just use bamboo and hemp at night now...

Oh yes and the lovely weeble look - tis hugely more on a littley :D

And don't forget altho' hemp inserts are stiff in hard water areas - when they get wee'd on a bit they soften up no end, and if they're under bamboo and fleece your LO won't feel it anyway...


Perhaps I should steamroll the microfibre inserts a bit then?! :wink: :lol:

I just find it a bit difficult to squish him into his car seat when he's got his cloth nappies on. :lol: He's very long for his age anyway so has never fitted well into his car seat. He hates being strapped into it - likes his freedom. But of course he has to go in so Mummy wins every time. :lol:


Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh Isabelle hated her carseat :roll: I think it took until 9/10 months for her to not scream the entire time she was in it!
Are you able to move the straps up at all?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Another stuffing question....

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:59 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Oh Isabelle hated her carseat :roll: I think it took until 9/10 months for her to not scream the entire time she was in it!
Are you able to move the straps up at all?


They are already on the highest setting. :roll: He's only about 15 weeks old!! Can't see it lasting as long as the other two did. My 1st son and my daughter were still fitting in there first carseats until over a year old.

Cole won't last that long as he's so long and big. :lol:

Still don't know how on earth I managed to produce such a whopper (well for me anyway).

DS1 was 6lb 2oz
DD was 6lb 12oz
Cole was......8lb 9oz!!!



Helen xx


Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies