hf1

A little update...WOW!!!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

A little update...WOW!!!

Postby anya1973 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:24 pm

well, cole went to bed last night with a Funky Nappy on, stuffed with a 2 layer bamboo insert folded into three and then a three layer microfibre insert on top of that.

about 5 hours later we got him up for his last bottle and :shock: the inserts were barely wet! i was gobsmacked! i thought he was a heavy wetter. :roll:

the microfibre cloth was slightly damp but parts of it at the back were dry. :shock:

the bamboo insert was hardly wet either just at the front where he wees. the rest of it just fet a little bit damp.

i was expecting it to be quite soggy after that length of time. :)

does this mean he's not a heavy wetter after all? can i get away with less inserts/thinner inserts? :?

he'd had an 8 oz bottle of milk before i changed him. :shock:

helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: A little update...WOW!!!

Postby Rae » Thu May 01, 2008 1:29 pm

I think babies do this every so often in order to lull us into a false sense of security. I'd keep up with the extra bulk for a while yet just in case he decides to wee like a trooper again.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 01, 2008 1:53 pm

yay! success at last :D :wine:

I too would keep up the padding for a while! after all it is better to have overstuffed than understuffed right??

jan x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Perhaps he hadnt done his full wee yet, and this is why the inserts werent sopping wet. I would try him with the same stuffing for a few more nights and if they are still barely wet then you could reduce the stuffing gradually.

Sadie xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Thu May 01, 2008 4:55 pm

:coolbaby:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies