hf1

Talk to me about WNOS

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Talk to me about WNOS

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Sandy has 6 Wee notions in his stash at the moment, all large side snaps. Although Sandy was a small newborn (5lb 4oz) he was in all large nappies by 6 months as he grew into such a chunk and they now all fit perfectly now he is active and has slimmed down. Anyhoo, we havent tried WNOS but im thinking they may be a better choice than buying smalls, then mediums then large.

How early did they fit on your baby? Did you always get a decent fit or were they a nappy you had to leave then come back to as your baby changed shape? Also - which inserts did you use, specially on the smaller settings? (we use PD inserts with our side snaps).

Thanks in advance :)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Talk to me about WNOS

Postby Shaunie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 pm

I could not get a good fit on DS2 when I first tried WNOS between the ages of 6 - 9 months so I sold the one I had; terrible leg gape. I tried again when he was 18-24 months & they fitted lovely but just got rid of my last one because we are on the last snaps on the waist. NOt much help but I often read on here about WNOS not fitting well on little one's.

Hope someone else can offer some advice :D

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:51 pm

They fitted SOphie from 12 weeks and still fit now at 2!! Love them!!!! Stuffed with an EP hemp and LL bamboo booster when small :P

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Cheers mdears :) I guess they are like everything else, will work for some people and not others.

Will add one or two to my list ;)

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:58 pm

love love love wnos!!! :D

although i had never used in anyothersize other than the highest rise :giggle:

until alice was here so i use in the smallest one, from what i have fround it is only the hight that mad the difference to poppering up up or down, not getting chunkier or slimmer. for us :mrgreen:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:30 pm

We have three and they fit Kellan really well. Didn't try them til he was about 15 months though. Will be keeping them for next one to try. Think with every kind of nappy though what fits one baby may not fit another. I've got a wide variety for the baby to try and will continue to buy a few of each then I'll try them all :giggle: It's all part of the fun of a newborn! Plus I know that the terries and prefolds I have will fit the baby whatever shape they are so it won't be a problem if nothing I buy fits :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 pm

We struggle with them fitting, always have done, we get major leaks around the leg ... he had chicken legs when small and now he's a chunk, I've sold most of them, just kept 5 I can't bear to part with, hope they'll fit at some point :roll:

I'd be tempted to buy the cheapest one I could find on classifieds to try before forking out for new.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Poppy has a few and I have to say I prefer WNSS on her. They didn't for for quite a while because she was just so short. I started using them properly when she was about 3 months on the smallest rise with BG inserts/Gk boosters. She's on the medium setting now. I just find them fiddly to fasten really ad havent had any leaks on her.

I also had a few for Noah but he pretty much grew out of OS nappies (except GK) when he was 18months. He was really chunky and tall. I struggled to make them work for him too because hes such a heavy wetter.

I'd definitely give one a try, like you say what works for one may not work for another but you wont know until you try them..

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:42 pm

I couldn't get a decent fit on Tyler with them at 6 months until well over a year - I even had a poo fall out of the leg gape one day :shock: :giggle: I sold them all then so don't know if they would fit better now. I have always got a good fit from side snap ones though.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies