hf1

97-k gallery nappy questions

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

97-k gallery nappy questions

Postby clairegrace » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 am

Hey ladies, I'm considering buying some of these for a pregnant friend who is interested in cloth but doesn't have a lot of spare funds. I think I have 2 of these in my stash but were bought preloved so i'm not certain, also mine have only been worn and washed maybe 10 times so far and i'm wondering how they hold up long term.

Also i've thought of buying her some sized ones but doubt she'll be using from birth and I know that personally the washing on top of everything else would never have gotten done! Plus she's interested in that ideally there would only be one lot of nappies that needed buying from a cost point of view.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can answer my questions -

I know they're a BTP nappy but how old/big was your LO when you started using them and have any ones babies become too big for them? if so how old/big?

Do they hold up to long term use well?

The MF inserts with what I have are huge! Is this typical or have i got different ones?

Cheers all :wine: xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: 97-k gallery nappy questions

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I haven't come across these before, do you have a link?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 pm

They are from ebay, i have loads of them but tbh they havent been used all that long, they still fit my 24lb, 2 yr old on the medium setting, but she quite skinny, as a guess i think they would probs fit from about 9-10lbs but couldnt say for sure as babies vary in size so much, the inserts are a standard size but i needed to boost mine with hemp once alesha hit about a yr old

HTH

xx

My avatar
binxyboo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby binxyboo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 am

Hi there.
Most of my nappies are 97kGallery nappies.
I have been using them since LO was about 6 weeks old (so about 9lbs).
I use the MF insert they come with, but add a Little Lamb bamboo booster too.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm

I have a few of these in my stash and they're not bad at all - Cheap and cheerful! :) To answer your questions:

I know they're a BTP nappy but how old/big was your LO when you started using them and have any ones babies become too big for them? if so how old/big?

I bought ours when DD was about a year old. She's 18 months now (and about 25 lbs) and they still fit fine. She still has quite a bit of growing room too.

Do they hold up to long term use well?

We've been using them for 6 months with no problems. I don't have a massive stash so they get washed fairly regularly. And although I think the seller advises that they be washed at 30 degrees, I've always put them in at 40 or 60 with no issues.

The MF inserts with what I have are huge! Is this typical or have i got different ones?

Nope - they come with just one large insert. While this is obviously massive on a newborn, I need to pop an additional booster in as well or my DD would wee through it in about 10 minutes.

If your friend is on a budget, she could always buy prevoled - bargains galore on the classifieds :wine:

HTH!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies