hf1

stuffing question?

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

stuffing question?

Postby millercl_6 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 am

hi all proberly been asked b4 but as i have been trying pocket nappies which i have either bought from here or somewhere else some dont come with stuffing my minki one came with a baby joy towel i think so would that do? and where does everyone get there stuffing i also got bambino wraps with these like cloths only describe them as dish cloths think these would be absorbant enough? hope you can help

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: stuffing question?

Postby Rae » Mon May 05, 2008 4:37 pm

We use the easy peasy hemp inserts
https://sslrelay.com/s130978863.oneando ... shopscript
on top of microfibre inserts
http://www.totnesnappycompany-shop.co.u ... ers-Liners
Now a lot of the nappy shops sell different forms of boosters, so if you take a look around you might find a bargin somewhere else. If you live in a hard water area, you might find bamboo boosters work better (stay softer) than the hemp boosters. The microfibre insert is just there because hemp can be slow to absorb, so if you use bamboo, you wouldn't need the microfibre on top. Tesco and the other supermarkets sells microfibre cloths, but while other people use them and find they work, we can't get them to work for us.

For nights we use a lot more stuffing, and our minkis have a microfibre insert, a happy heiny hemp stuffin and an easy peasy hemp booster.

I hope this helps a bit, but there is a lot of trial and error in order to get the stuffing just right for your child.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: stuffing question?

Postby rachelinscotland » Fri May 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Bit of a late reply, since you posted about 10 days ago - but here goes anyway! :)

My favourite stuffing for night nappies (Minki pockets) is bamboo prefolds (I have several from Nappy Nation) and just pad fold them & stuff them in. My 14mo little boy is a *very* heavy wetter at nights and they take it all! :) For my 2.5yo daughter at nights, I actually just use an ordinary Junior Joy Prefold (again, pad folded) and with a microfibre insert on top of it. It's possible the same would work for my little boy, but I started using bamboo on him first before I was using pockets for my daughter. For day time, I have a few pockets but mainly use fitteds (Little Lamb, Tots Bots, various bamboo shaped nappies, ME on size, etc), but I recently found Wonderoos and love them. It seems microfibre inserts don't hold much from my little, so I usually just use padfolded Junior Joy prefolds (have about 40+ of them, so very convenient!). Minki fleece pockets are my all time favourite nappy! :) Such cute fabrics and soft & comfy. However, I'm yet to see how they'll work for summer pjs, as my little boy is a tummy sleeper and it seems the urine comes through if he's not in fleece pjs!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies