hf1

Greenkids plain & Minkytimes

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Greenkids plain & Minkytimes

Postby anya1973 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:00 pm

What do you all use to stuff them with? The inserts made to go with them or just whatever you have already?

I'm currently using a combination of either easy peasy hemp, three layer microfibre inserts from Funky Nappies and bamboo inserts from Wee Notions.

Would they fit OK in a Greenkids? Toying with the idea of buying the zebra minkytimes. :D Would it really look OK on an almost 4 month old boy?

I still find it hard to believe that nappies that will fit much older babies/toddlers will fit OK and not look daft on a younger baby. :roll: Have never tried a BTP nappy I must admit so dithering a bit on this one. :roll: :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Greenkids plain & Minkytimes

Postby Claire » Tue May 06, 2008 5:44 am

Hi

I first got my GK when Mimi was about 4 months old and they fitted her well straight away. We never had to fold the front down or anything. She's fairly long though but not very chunky. I would say they are a bit bulkier than a BG but not much. I got their bamboo inserts. They are amazing and if you can stretch, I would say def get one. I tried using a little weed and a mf cloth but it was nowhere near as good and I got a little wicking around the legs.

We just got our first minkytime (the giraffe one). It is gorgeous. I need to post some pictures later. It was so lovely that I didn't want to take it off her and she wore it for about 6 hours :oops: :oops: No leaks and a dry bum and that was after only one pre-wash of the bamboo insert.

Go for it. It will have a great re-sale value if you don't get on with it!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue May 06, 2008 6:34 am

Im another fan of the GK bamboo inserts - they are more hourglass shape so fit perfectly inside the nappy and are the most absorbant insert we have used (we used the anytimes for our main night nappy with the bamboo insert and their bamboo booster - perfect). We used our GKs from when Evie was just over a year until recently, but she is very long and slim and they stopped fitting so well, they became low on the rise on her. But in saying that I have heard different people using them on much older toddlers with no problems.

Sadie xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue May 06, 2008 1:45 pm

We used GK on William from birth and they worked brilliantly. We stiff them a MF booster and a bamboo or hemp insert not sure what brand, pretty much what ever is on hand :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Aother Green Kids fan here. They really do fit smaller babies as well as toddlers and they fit both of mine perfectly.
The GK bamboo inserts are amazing. They are my favourite insert and so slim. Other inserts would fit OK but these work really well. :-D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies