hf1

Thenappyco Ebay Pocket Nappy - Cheap but GOOD!

My avatar
rhiannon134
Clothie
Clothie

Thenappyco Ebay Pocket Nappy - Cheap but GOOD!

Postby rhiannon134 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 am

First experience of washable nappies, the first to arrive from my pending stash was a cheapie I bought off ebay. Didn't have high hopes for this as I'd read awful reviews of cheap pockets falling apart and leaking, but for under £6 posted I though was worth a go. So last night I boosted it with a folded muslin, adjusted the many poppers for a perfect snug fit, and tucked my little girl (10 months) into bed, dreading the soggy bum that may well greet me in the morning... though i have to say, she's not a heavy night wetter really as she sleeps through without extra feeds.

At 6am I took her out of her sleeping bag to find her perfectly dry! Removed the nappy and there had been no wicking or leaking at all. Very impressed, and even the napy rash had slightly improved. Kind of wishing I hadn't also bought some really expensive ones now, as I've gone back to ebay and ordered some more...

Of course, this is first use, I've no idea how durable they are or anything, but on first impression I was very pleasantly surprised.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Thenappyco Ebay Pocket Nappy - Cheap but GOOD!

Postby smilinglou » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeh they are good aren't they, we have coolababy pockets and never had any problems, have you tried hemp or bamboo inserts yet, these are super absorbant. Also Bumgenius pockets have the suede cloth inner so more stay dry than the fleece in the cheap pockets.
We use drybees fleece at night as it has no PUL so more breathable and the stay dry inner is suede cloth rather than fleece which I find feels more damp, same pocket design though so we stuff 2 hemp inserts and a bamboo and it lasts the night and probably longer :wine:
Well done for finding something that works so early on :wine:

My avatar
rhiannon134
Clothie
Clothie

Postby rhiannon134 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 am

Bought another 5 of the NappyCo ones, arrived this morning. Lovely bright colours! I tend to use the insert along with a terry booster but will definitely look out for some hemp ones. Luckily my little girl is not very wet at night now so we're not having too much trouble with that.
I'm amazed by how well poo is contained (hers are still very exolosive!) compared to Pampers we've had a lot less leaks!

Only problem we're having now is nappy rash, she got it from the Pampers, it got slightly better once we started washables but now it's worse. She does have a cold though so it's hard to tell if it's that or not.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am

I find micro terry causes rashes in my two, so switched to a small bamboo prefold folded in 3, on top of 2 easy peasy hemp liners. Problem solved. We use ours in the day as the lo's would out pee it if over night! HTH x

My avatar
teresat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby teresat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

i bought from the nappy co on ebay and also so others off there and i think they are the better ones (looks and absorbancy) although i've only been doing it today lol xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies