Issues with baba & boo pockets - halp?

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Issues with baba & boo pockets - halp?

Postby im_mi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi all!

Ok, I have a question about Baba&Boo pockets. I found them on ebay and they are really cute and cheap. I bought one to try for my 3 month old son and it seems to fit well. however, every single flippin' time we use it it leaks. Always from the front. I am pretty new to cloth and very new to pockets, so it might be that i'm not stuffing it right, but we also have a couple of Fuzzi Bunz and they never ever leak.

Has anyone here ever tried the baba&boo nappies? I thought i'd died and gone to heaven when i found such adorable pockets for such a brilliant price, is it just too good to be true? I'm praying it's just something i'm doing wrong as i really want these nappies to be as awesome as they look!

halp?

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Issues with baba & boo pockets - halp?

Postby im_mi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:48 pm

bumping this, can anyone help? should i be stuffing it with 2 inserts rather than just one?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:07 pm

It's probably what you're stuffing them with. Have you just got microfibre inserts? They feel soft and fluffy and manmade? If so, these probably aren't enough, so maybe try getting some hemp ones like the Petit Dessous ones or bamboo ones like Little Lamb. You can find them on most nappying websites, have a look in the inserts and boosters section :wink: Off the top of my head - http://greenabubs.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... Path=26_27 will fit most pocket nappies and can be folded to boost mainly at the front if needed.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 am

Maybe give them a couple more washes to increase absorbency

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby im_mi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm

thanks so much!! yeah i am only using microfibre, ill definitely try some different inserts :) thank you!

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:13 pm

I found they leaked for me too around the legs. my LO has very skinny legs and wriggles a lot and the nappies seem to be prone to gaping

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 pm

washing microfibre will not increase its absorbency. If it is the inserts you will def need better insert liek hemp or bamboo. have you gto any other inserts you could try out in them to see if its that? when you take out the insert is it sopping? or is the leak out of the legs?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:33 am

Microfibre is very quick absorbing but not very good at storing the liquid. For this reason you should use your microfibre inserts on top then hemp or bamboo which are excellent at 'storing' the wee underneath. This was the only way I got pockets to work well.

As others have mentioned play with folding to best suit the fact that he is weeing at the front (as boys do!). Also do you make sure his willy is pointing down when you change him (sorry thought I'd ask as I didnt' know I needed to do that with DS1 :oops: :giggle: )

I really hope you can get them to work with the right inserts. Do remember that babies change shape, often rapidly so what doesn' work well one week will be fab a few weeks later. :D

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby im_mi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks all! I have tried a few diff. inserts, including hemp etc, but it just seems to leak straight out of the leg. With my fuzzi and my issy, i have been able to get 2+ hours out of just one mf insert so i think it must just be the shape.

I love the nappy though so ill definitely hold onto it for now and hopefully it will fit him better as it gets older.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies