Problem with Fuzzi Bunz

My avatar
Tandia
Clothie
Clothie

Problem with Fuzzi Bunz

Postby Tandia » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I have been using Fuzzi Bunz for 4 years now, and have never had any problems bar the odd leak and the occasional need for a good strip wash. I'm using them for my second child and he is now in the large size. These nappies aren't that heavily used compared to the mediums as my first son wasn't in them for long, but the PUL lining has started to separate on two of the nappies. One is now so badly separated that it is no longer usable and on the second it has just started to come away.

As another poster has described - the lining starts to look like cling film inside the pocket, and as it separates it sticks to itself and therefore becomes hard to stuff. I can't see any way of reattaching it to the outer lining.

I'm not sure what caused this as it didn't happen with any of the others, although I have noticed that the label inside the damaged ones mentions the Asian Fuzzi Bunz website as opposed to the American website which is on most of the others I have.

I know from another poster's question that one of the possible causes is tumble drying, which I do tend to do in the winter, but have done with all my Fuzzis, and this never happened to the mediums. I wondered though, if this could be possibly caused by using vinegar, tea tree oil and or lavender oil in the rinse cycle, as I have started to do this more recently?

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't want my other nappies to go this way, and apologies if my post is a bit long.

Thanks.

My avatar
Kaatje
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Problem with Fuzzi Bunz

Postby Kaatje » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm

I use Fuzzi's all the time and had that problem once with a new style daisyprint Fuzzi.

On their website they mention anything about vinegar, that it's not good for the elastic, but nothing about clingfoil.

My avatar
Tandia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tandia » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for the response.

The ones I've had the problems with are new style too, and the mediums (which never had problems), were old style, so maybe that's part of it.

Out of interest - what does it say on the label about where your daisy print one was made? Or have you thrown it out?

My avatar
dunabwin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dunabwin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 pm

I can't remember where but I read something by the director of fuzzi bunz about this issue, there was a bad batch or something and as far as I can remember I think they'll replace them no questions asked, you should contact them. good luck

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies