hf1

Blueberry onesize?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Blueberry onesize?

Postby ramsons » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm on a nappy shopping mission. I'm looking for a few pockets for dh to use on ds. I've been looking at blueberries :D , but as we're on a bit of a budget I was wondering about the onesize can anyone tell me how big the blueberry onesize are compared to sized ??
The only onesize nappies I've got at the moment aren't pockets- a swaddlebees organic velour btp - which dh likes as it isn't bulky compared to the sized nappies and I can wash it left poppered into position and motherease btp which dh doesn't like for being bulky.
Ds is about 10 1/2lb at the moment so ideally I'm looking for slim fit btp day pockets.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Blueberry onesize?

Postby JanX » Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Hiya...

I love the blueberry onesize! They aren't exactly what I would call a slim fit though due to the minki fabric they are made from! However they are a fabby fit and are a trimmer nappy than most!

I have used them on the girls for a few months now (so they were prob around 14lb or so when I first used them) and they still fit Lucas (and you have seen the size of him :hohoho: )

I also have large blueberry pockets which I have only just started to use as they were just too big until recently!

jan x

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi jan
Do you remember what they were like at 14lb? Sebs quite slim and hasn't got chubby legs yet so I'm a bit worried about drowning him..
I looked at the sized but small goes up to 15lb and medium starts at 12lb so I couldn't make my mind up what to do. I wasn't sure I'd get enough use out of the small for the price??
Is the fit similar to the minki? Seb was in his first minki last week, te small isit is massive but fits him fine for night and we've got him in those nighties with the elastic bottoms so it doesn't matter...
Jenny

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

If your after a cute one size, I'd get a blueberry to try. If you are after a cheaper and slimer pocket, I think the Bumgenius is a true workhorse of a pocket nappy.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Thu May 22, 2008 10:02 am

Bumgenius look similar to Fuzzi Bunz, are they are different cut/more reliable? Only I've got one fuzzi bunz and it leaks i'd say about 80% of the time we use it, the fit round the legs isn't good..I keep hoping ds will grow into it a bit more. Its hard to tell from the pictures

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu May 22, 2008 10:27 am

Jenny - I can lend you a BB onesize to try. It is expensive if you don't like it. They are quite bulky I found, even on a toddler, haven't tried it on Ben but I suspect it would drown him. Perhaps a Happy Heiny onesize might be a better option? They are trimmer being just pul as opposed to minky - they also come with 2 inserts so you can just use the smaller one to keep the bulk down on the smaller settings. I can lend you one of those too if you like :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu May 22, 2008 12:45 pm

My friend has a little girl who is now 15 weeks and the blueberry one-size are really good on the smallest settings. They are available in non-minki which is a slimmer nappy. I would recommend a bumgenius as a one-size pocket, fab on a tiny baby as well as a toddler :D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies