Leaking stitching bumgenius v3

My avatar
dunabwin
Clothie
Clothie

Leaking stitching bumgenius v3

Postby dunabwin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hi all,
Some of my BG v3s have started to leak at the leg stitching. :( Its only through the stiching, not out the leg hole or through any other part of the nappy. Customer service at Babame told me to wash them with no soap in case its a build up. I was surprised at that though becuase if it was build up would all my nappies not be leaking and would they not leak in other places other than the stitching?
Wondering if anyone else has this problem, or more importantly a solution! Thanks ladies :wave:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Leaking stitching bumgenius v3

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm

If you've tried stripping them have you tried looser clothes, make sure you dont do up bodysuits or sleepsuits over cloth as it can push the moisture out (this is called wicking), get some vest extenders or the next size up in bodysuits, they're really cheap and are life savers, make sure tights and trousers aren't too tight and see how you do, plus microfibre can be quite a pain with wicking, it isnt always good for heavy wetters so try hemp and bamboo inserts.
Good luck x

My avatar
dunabwin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dunabwin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

i hadn't thought about the clothes, thanks for that :wave:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

When my BGs go a bit leaky, I usually do my version of a basic stripping :lookround: (just still novice at it) and then give them a blast in the hot tumble dryer to reset the PUL.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 am

I second go a size up in vests especially if just using the microfibre inserts I get wicking if his vests are too small for the nappy.

There is no inner showing once they're on? Sometimes on the the inner thigh I haven't put it on properly and its a bit wonky.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies