hf1

Wee Notions sizings musings....any thoughts?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Wee Notions sizings musings....any thoughts?

Postby anya1973 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 pm

My little boy (I say little but he's quite a brute really :roll: :lol: ) is about 14lb now I should think. Chunky thighs, average beer belly, long legs, long body.

I bought some medium Wee Notions recently and they fitted really well on him but now I'm not so sure. I did have them fastened on the tightest poppers on both the waist and the leg setting but they started to dig in so I now fasten them on next set in on both but they seem to gape too much at the legs.

His poo is quite splatty (sorry!!) and it tends to escape at the leg holes if I put them on this setting.

Now, I bought a secondhand Wee Notions nappy to put away for when he's bigger. :oops: I know I shouldn't be spending the money now when he's not in that size (what DH doesn't know won't hurt him though :lol: ). I stuffed the nappy today and tried it on him and wow! It's a much better fit. Doesnt' seem to come up too high in the rise at all. Fits nicely on the tightest settings of all the poppers.

Surely this can't be right! He's only about 4 1/2 months old and about 14lb!! I know all babies suit different nappies/sizes differently but I was gobsmacked!

Seriously wondering whether to sell all my mediums now and get some larges.

My other pocket nappies are mediums (Funky Nappies) but I find these are very generously sized and fit him brilliantly. :) Which makes me wonder whether he really would be better off with large nappies already.

Anyone else had this problem with getting nappies to fit? I'm not for one minute suggesting that Wee Notions nappies are badly sized or anything. It's just my little boy who is the odd bod here. :lol:

Any thoughts?

Helen :D

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Wee Notions sizings musings....any thoughts?

Postby anya1973 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Anyone???

Please help! I'm dithering about whether to sell all my mediums to get larges.

Helen xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 pm

hiya

it is very hit and miss with firrings on any type of nappy I have found!

I had a medium we notions pocket and although it did fot and would have for a long time, I prefer the large as they are a higher rise!

It is all down to how you like the nappies to fit iyswim! I always prefer to go bigger as I like a higher rise and like the fact that they fit on the tightest settings!

jan x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 am

We have large weenotions and the fit William perfectly. I bought the first one when he was about 3 months and it was a great fit from there.

I'd sell the mediums and buy larges :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 23, 2008 8:12 am

As you say, every baby is different and if you are finding the larges a good fit then I would say go for the larges :D

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri May 23, 2008 11:36 am

Yes sell your mediums and buy large, so i can buy your meduims :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:41 pm

nicola g wrote:Yes sell your mediums and buy large, so i can buy your meduims :hohoho: :hohoho:

But we've just swapped! :lol: :lol:

Did you not like the cowprint velboa for some reason?

Helen xx

PS Will do a list and pics this weekend if you're interested. :wink:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Im just prefering the fleece weenotions at the mo, so was selling it to fund a new onesize :wink: but ended up swapping :hohoho: but still ordered a onesize :hohoho:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri May 23, 2008 4:59 pm

order whatever fits him bestest in your opinion....
my lo is very skinny and has the smallest bot in the world, the only large pocket he is in at 22 months is itti bittis...and then he is on the tightest setting....even on medium pocket bots he is on the smallest waist setting....but foe fitteds he is in larges all the way!!

there is no logic, so do whatever you are happiest with, and it sounds like you would be happier with large's.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies