hf1

Fake Fuzzi Bunz?

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Fake Fuzzi Bunz?

Postby im_mi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:45 am

I bought a new med. size fuzzi from ebay, but i'm not sure that it isnt a fake one. i've only ever owned one fuzzi previously to this (a small one, also bought new off ebay but from a diff. seller) and the quality is so much lower.

firstly, the fleece inside was almost bobbly, not supersoft like fuzzi #1.

secondly, the stitching around the legs looks shoddy.

thirdly, the poppers are crap. i mean, really crap. they dont make that snap noise when you push them together, and they pop undone at the slightest pressure. like this morning, i put it on him and when i checked the leg openings to see how tight i'd done it, it just popped open. not a big deal now but once he's more active i think it will pose a problem.

and finally, the label says it's made in mexico rather than china, like fuzzi #1 and another fuzzi that i recently acquired through the classifieds here.

is there such thing as a fake fuzzi? or have i just been unlucky and got a dodgy one?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fake Fuzzi Bunz?

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm

:-? I'm not sure. Was it a brand new one? Fleece does bobble when it's been used and in an old nappy, stitching ans snaps may be affected if it's been really well used but I'm guessing if you bought on ebay then it's new? Have you contacted the seller? Does it match the item description?

I only have one fuzzi but the label says made in the USA - hope someone else can help.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:41 pm

There are a few different 'versions' of fuzzis.

Version 1: the oldest, have rounded tabs at the front, a creamer coloured thicker/bobblier fleece for the inner and these were made in Mexico

Version 2: Pointy tabs, thinner/whiter fleece inner, this version had the manufacture split, so some were made in Mexico, some in the USA, I believe the USA versions were of higher quality than the Mexico ones!

Version 3: the latest version, came out in 2007 (I think). I have never had any of this version so can't comment much, I think they were only made in the USA though.

I seem to remember there was a large batch of fake fuzzis made in China a few years ago, they were really shoddy and used completely different materials to the original fuzzis. The labels were made to say made in Mexico but I seem to remember something about the number on the tabs being easily identifiable as fakes.

Perhaps if you google for 'fake Fuzzis' the details may still be lurking on the net somewhere!

Jan x

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby im_mi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks guys! It's definitely a new one, although it didn't come in a paper sleeve like my last fuzzi did. It has pointy tabs so maybe its one of the second lot you described, janX? ill definitely have a google when my 3 year old isnt trying to type at the same time as me lol, its taken me forever to write this haha.

I wish i hadnt rushed to leave positive feedback before i'd even tried the nappy out, silly me.

thanks everyone!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 pm

If you google 'fuzzi bunz china', there's people who claim to have spoken to fuzzi and had it confirmed that they were making nappies in china.

I've got 2 smalls, both made in china ... can't vouch whether they're originals or not as I bought them off classifieds here, but i never had any problems with them or any cause to think they might not be originals.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 pm

im_mi wrote:I wish i hadnt rushed to leave positive feedback before i'd even tried the nappy out, silly me.

thanks everyone!

I do this all the time :roll: tends to make people ignore the emails :evil:
I hope you find some luck with this, hopefully it's not a fake x

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby im_mi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks guys xox after some research i am 99% sure it's not a fake; i think i must have just got a duff one. Never mind!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies