hf1

Charlie Banana - any good for a power piddling 2 year old?

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Charlie Banana - any good for a power piddling 2 year old?

Postby cumbrianlass » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 am

Am trying to resist buying new fluff, but DS now out-pees a lot of his nappies with one toddler power piddle :-? and so am finding I have to use two parters, or mega stuffed wonderoos or mommys touch for him. These are reliable, but kind of dull, so am on the hunt for some nice prints which will also cope.

The new Tots easyfit works, but only with a hemp booster and an additional microfibre booster laid on top of the inner to help soak everything up, so not really keen on any more of those. Am very tempted by the patterns on the Charlie Banana pockets, but not seen many reviews of them for people with older babies. Have been one or two on here saying ok but then they seem to have been sold on classifieds a while later.

Anyone tried them with an older bub and been able to boost and get good performance out of them? Thanks

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Charlie Banana - any good for a power piddling 2 year old?

Postby e586 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 am

we didn't get as far as how much it holds as it didn't fit right on Ryan- too low in the rise and tight round his thighs/waist. Easyfits work for us, hope you find something! x

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Ah, low in the rise is a problem too. We get builders bum as it is. Oh well, guess cute prints are not for us :| . Thanks

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

My little lady outpee'd an easyfit in 2 minutes today...I was :shock: I put it on and she pee'd almost straight away. Just went straight through the PUL as if there wasn't even an insert in it so i think i may have to rethink those...we seem to only be able to do fitteds with her now. I haven't got a charlie banana but we seem to get on better with issy bear.

My avatar
Keep it Real
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Keep it Real » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm surprised that someone found them to be low rise. I find the opposite and they come with 2 full-size inserts, so great for heavy wetters!

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I've got them and I've had no problems on my DS, he is only a few months old. But he has managed to out wee an easy fit and blueberry in his time.

I do back the insert up with a tots bamboo booster and that seems to last him just fine. If you would like I could try and leave him in one with both inserts to time how long they would last on him?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Keep it Real wrote:I'm surprised that someone found them to be low rise. I find the opposite and they come with 2 full-size inserts, so great for heavy wetters!

it barely covered his little bum! Plus I couldn't get it fastened round his hips/thighs with both inserts in. Shame, as they seemed like they'd be good and probably are for smaller/younger children, just not for my big nearly 2yr old.

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 pm

hermya wrote:I've got them and I've had no problems on my DS, he is only a few months old. But he has managed to out wee an easy fit and blueberry in his time.

I do back the insert up with a tots bamboo booster and that seems to last him just fine. If you would like I could try and leave him in one with both inserts to time how long they would last on him?

Sorry, I just spotted this tonight and saw your really nice offer. I have seen one now and had a squidge at it. I think it would be way too neat for him and the amount of boosting I stuff in his nappies. I really liked the print too :( .

Having some luck with the new wonderoo, and am going to try the Smartipants as well as they look to be a bit bigger than a BG (and also am a sucker for new types of fluff :wink: )

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:My little lady outpee'd an easyfit in 2 minutes today...I was :shock: I put it on and she pee'd almost straight away. Just went straight through the PUL as if there wasn't even an insert in it so i think i may have to rethink those...we seem to only be able to do fitteds with her now. I haven't got a charlie banana but we seem to get on better with issy bear.

I stick a hemp booster in our easyfits and have also started adding a slim microfibre booster (actually the BG newborn insert) on the top to help soak up mega pees. It adds some bulk but it still a reasonably slim nappy and works for us like that. Get about 4 hours out of one which is pretty good going with my DS.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies