hf1

Stuffing for a newborn?!?!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Stuffing for a newborn?!?!

Postby flutterby » Sat May 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Ok so the subject says it all really, I was just wondering if I'm going to need to supplement the stuffing in my nappies for a newborn, I have BGs, blueberry OS, blueberry side snaps, and fuzzi bunz, for all of these I only have the inserts they come with, will I need anything else to start with do you think??
The XS fuzzis I have seem to have the tiniest inserts ever, surely they won't be enough?? I didn't use cloth on Jak until he was about 9 months ( apart from the first 3 days in the hospital, as they supply them)
I also have a few other none pocket nappies, 2 QFs, a bumble, a fluffle, and a night notion, for nights and long journeys etc, will these need boosting??
Shall I just see how I go or should I have some extra inserts and boosters ready for her?

Thanks in advance!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Stuffing for a newborn?!?!

Postby beck » Sat May 31, 2008 11:32 pm

When Will was a newborn a MF insert was enough for him because he needed changing every couple of hours (big pooper)

So to start with I'd think you'd be fine with the inserts they came with, but then getting a few extra can never hurt either :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 am

To be honest for the 39 pocket nappies I have (between 2 kids) I have 44 MF inserts, 7 MF/hemp combo inserts, and 20 hemp inserts (inc the 10 I just bought) so thats 61 inserts all together! Oh and I want to get some bamboo squares to try in my nappies too, I think I'll have more than enough! It's just I feel Jak could out wee anything at the moment, it's making me panicky, I think he's just too much of a heavy wetter for MF, doesn't mean baby will be, I need to keep reminding myself this!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 am

I found when Ben was tiny the folded over 1 size insert in bumgenius massive so would often just stick a folded bamboo terry in instead, but mainly just stuck to 2 parters until he was a bit bigger - about 2 to 3 months old.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 am

Well the BGz are just for around the house, I have my trimmer fuzzis and BBs for out and about, I'm afraid we are going to have to stick to pockets other wise I will be doing everything (not sure OH will tolerate 2 parters) I'll just have to fiddle when she's here, see how we get on!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:58 am

I'm with Beck on this. MF on its own should be fine for a newborn as you'll be changing her so often anyway, she won't have time to outwee her nappies.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 am

That's what I though really, I've put a small fuzzi insert in my BB OS as well as the combo insert combined with the minkee made for a massive nappy, thanks for the reassurance, when she starts out weeing nappies I'll look as solutions then!!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies