hf1

Fuzzibunz one size leaking

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Fuzzibunz one size leaking

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi. Having tried loads of different nappies I settled on Fuzzibunz one size and bought a load off Ebay. They leak!!!! Everytime my 10 week old son wees I end up having to change his clothes. It always comes out of the leg area. Im determined to use reusable and want pockets but having a total sense of humour failure. Any advice?

Rebecca

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Fuzzibunz one size leaking

Postby emmalala » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm

were they new or used ones? they may need re sealing. A quick blast in the tumble dryer will seal the PUL :)

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi, they are new and it doesn't seem to make any difference what size they are adjusted to. I bought them as they were meant to be fab and non-leaky. The only thing that doesn't leak is a motherease wrap but I borrowed it from a friend and didn't want 2 part nappy system. Maybe Im putting them on wrong but can't see how grrrrrr...

Rebecca

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:02 pm

if it's leaking out the leg, then it sounds like there's leg gape (ie when your baby moves legs about a gap opens up). It's quite common with smaller babies as they don't yet have chubby thighs. Leg gape can also be made worse if the pocket is stuffed with too much - are you just using the supplied insert or adding more to the pocket?

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 pm

tiyuricc wrote:if it's leaking out the leg, then it sounds like there's leg gape (ie when your baby moves legs about a gap opens up). It's quite common with smaller babies as they don't yet have chubby thighs. Leg gape can also be made worse if the pocket is stuffed with too much - are you just using the supplied insert or adding more to the pocket?

The leaking is just round the leg and Theo (my son ) doesnt have chubby thighs yet. These nappies have a hip popper to supposedly contain all sized legs. Am just using 1 insert, I did try 2 as thought he might be a heavy wetter but it made no difference so back to 1. Am desperate not to have to give in to disposables.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Are you using poppered vests? If so how tight are they? They could be causing compression wicking if they are too tight. Also we don't get on with mf at all in pockets as when the mf is wet it squishes out the liquid when compressed causing leaking. You may need to try some different inserts. We use bamboo with hemp underneath in our pockets (never used Fuzzi onesize though) and never have any issues.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm afraid it sounds like it's just one of those things. I had some small fuzzi's rather than the one-sizes which clara was tiny, and i had a week or two where they were leaking. Unfortunately it is common in small babies, and there isn't a huge amount you can do about it I don't think. I had a mixture of nappies, so just tried something else, and then went back to the leaking ones a week or two later. It's amazing how quickly the fit can change at that age.

The most reliable option for young ones would be a fitted and a wrap as there's two barriers to stop leaks. You obviously have to choose which option is best for you, but personally having tried both, i actually found I prefer putting a fitted and wrap on rather than having to take the inserts out each time i go to wash and then put the inserts back in after they've been washed.... I found that much more of a faff than just using a wrap when changing the kids.

Other people may have other advice for you, but my suggestions would be to either pick up some small fitted nappies & wraps off of the classifieds, then if your fuzzi's fit in a few weeks, you can probably re-sell them afterwards for a similar price. My other suggestion would be to try some different inserts - I think the fuzzi's come with microfibre inserts which let the wee out when compressed, as it would be in a baby who I assume is not yet mobile. You could try some bamboo or hemp (or both), they hold more wee and hold onto it when wet. Most people find that microfibre doesn't last their kids very long, so chances are when your son is a little older you'd need to look at different inserts anyway. Hemp inserts can be bought from Easy peasy on ebay (about £10 for 5 i think), they're nice and trim. For bamboo when clara was tiny I actually used my small itti trifold inserts in the pockets and they worked fabulously and are also nice and trim and not wide between the legs so don't usually make the nappy gape any more.

HTH

eta: crossed posts with louise!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks or the advice. I have got some Little Lamb nappies and a Kushies outer so back to them and will try fuzzies again maybe with a trifold.., if that works then I could get the bamboo insert. I wonder why pockets come with mf as standard if it doesn't hold wee under pressure... The thing I don't like about 2 part system is the bulkiness as clothes are made for disposable bums!

Rebecca

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:51 am

I actually find my fitteds trimmer than pockets but then we only use fleece or wool lngies, shorties or skirties as a cover over them. It also depends where you shop as some brands are more roomy than others. Next for example I cannot use any of their trousers over my LOs but their sleepsuits have lots of room for cloth bums.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies