hf1

Happy heiny stuffing

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Happy heiny stuffing

Postby lilylover » Sun May 13, 2007 3:19 am

I really love the look of my hh and would love to buy some more but everytime I use it for more than two hours it wicks around the legs :cry: . But I am determined to get it right as I don't want to have wasted my money. Just wondering is there any tricks to stuffing? I always try and make sure the insert is right to the sides (like my fuzzi's always are). I only got the microfibre insert would it not wick if I got the hh stuffin? Please help me fall back in love with my hh :!:

Sam....

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:05 am

Hi Sam,

I'd definitely try the stuffin or a few other mums use the Ellas House hemp inserts. We can go for a few hours with a stuffin and a microfibre insert or cloth. Are you making sure the fleece is rolled out on her legs (I'm sure you are). I hope you get them to work as HH are gorgeous nappies.

Ericax

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Ooh, I was actually here to ask the same question! I bought a pre-unloved HH which came without an insert. Just wondered whether I should order a couple of stuffins to try, or whether anyone had any other suggestions. But it looks like I should definitely try the stuffin option. Erica, are you finding them better now, and what did you buy?

Amanda x

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:51 pm

I have a stuffin for one of my heiny's but to be honest I think they work better with a prefold, a little more bulky but not as much wicking at the legs.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:34 pm

when i first tried HH's all those moons ago, i found they constanty wicked at the legs, so i sold them...by now, bowled over with the cute patterns, i bought one again! 1st thing is that i now realise that they didn't fit Z well enough last time, as he was too scrawny (tho well within weight range) and they slipped oh so slighty makeing legs not quite tight enough, 2nd, i had no idea how ro stuff, so i just bought a stuffin...which i probably didn't wash enough!
so this time, they are working for us, and i am using the same stuffing as i do for everyting else
1 cotton babies BG insert with a small hemp insert (3 layers) under.
when i put it in and the nappy on, i am careful to make sure that the insert is not directly under the fleece that is rigfht by the leg (although it does go edge to edge on the PUL fabric) so that the liquid doesn't come back up thru there.
and i put them on him with the rise quite high to get a good fit on the legs too...but he is quite tall
Hope some of that helps
Shevi

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:59 pm

with my HH (from Nappy fairy :D ) I've been using my pea pods insert and a MF cloth. Although the other day I was really desperate to use it and had no inserts dry so I use a half a terry nappy folded and a Bamboo Baby Beehinds insert and it lasted a good 3-4 hours. Phebie is only a medium wee'r though.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 am

Well, I tried mine this morning with a prefold and mf cloth, and thought I'd done a good job of going to the edge. Connor was wearing babylegs, so nothing over the nappy, but it was slightly damp around one leg after about an hour :( It seems a good fit on him - it's a medium, but he's quite skinny - nice and snug around the legs, and with the fleece showing, so I guess I'll just have to experiment with the stuffing. I have the same problem with fuzzis, so I just need more practice I think. I don't have any hemp inserts, so maybe they're the way forward, but will try a cotton babies insert with extra mf cloth next I think.
Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:52 am

You've got 1 hemp one Amanda!!! :lol: :lol: The trick that I think really helps is pulling the nappy up high on the legs when doing it up. I thought I had the wicking sorted and then he has been really wriggly and I've not been able to do that so I'm finding I'm gettign wicking again!! I probably won't buy any more but I won't get rid of the ones I've got either as they are so cute that I forgive them thier leakiness!!

My avatar
kittykins
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby kittykins » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:24 pm

i bought a hh stuffin with mine but still got wicking. I found that a microfibre insert with either a hemp booster/insert or prefold works best. Just using a microfibre insert isnt enough as it seems the cottom outer wicks too much of the wet from the microfibre, so if you have a hemp/prefold to lock away the wet you get less wicking. I find a microfibre insert absorbs wet, but doesnt keep it locked away iyswim!

hth!

yvonne xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies