hf1

Is there anything like a BG but cheaper?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Is there anything like a BG but cheaper?

Postby charlibunny » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 am

Caroline wrote:Do you want me to send you one to try? Obviously you can buy the inserts individually (or just use what you already have) so you can save loads. I often make mine up with an assortment of random boosters I have knocking about.

Are they just a wrap? Confused :hohoho: :hohoho: I just need a cheap quick fix to last till PT'ing now (hopefully the summer??) Getting very cross with her outpeeing everything including her duo wraps now :cry:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:58 am

charlibunny wrote:
Caroline wrote:Do you want me to send you one to try? Obviously you can buy the inserts individually (or just use what you already have) so you can save loads. I often make mine up with an assortment of random boosters I have knocking about.

Are they just a wrap? Confused :hohoho: :hohoho: I just need a cheap quick fix to last till PT'ing now (hopefully the summer??) Getting very cross with her outpeeing everything including her duo wraps now :cry:

I can't believe she is outpeeing her duo wraps :shock: - they are bomb-proof for lily.

So far I've found 2 bg's with good leg elastic - the others I've found so far are a bit slack which doesn't matter for lily but does for Soph.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 am

Yes its a wrap and you can have either an organic cotton or microfibre insert. Have a look here at the pictures http://www.peachytots.co.uk/index.cfm/t ... e-popper/- It will be similar to putting a prefold in a duo wrap.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Caroline wrote:Yes its a wrap and you can have either an organic cotton or microfibre insert. Have a look here at the pictures http://www.peachytots.co.uk/index.cfm/t ... e-popper/- It will be similar to putting a prefold in a duo wrap.

Think i just prefer a pocket nappy then :oops: Dh can do BG's and i think when i have this baby i need atleast a day or two's worth of nappies he can manage.
Thankyou though :hug:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 pm

queen bee wrote:
charlibunny wrote:

I can't believe she is outpeeing her duo wraps :shock: - they are bomb-proof for lily.

So far I've found 2 bg's with good leg elastic - the others I've found so far are a bit slack which doesn't matter for lily but does for Soph.

They are damp on the ouside alot, but no leaks as of yet. I still use them daily but it's the nappies, she just pee's through them all! Yesterday she only had one small bottle of water and leaked through about 6 nappies :roll: :-? :hohoho:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm

I prefer the pockets too :wink:

My avatar
mummymunchkin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymunchkin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am

Hate the cheapies too :( We had some off ebay and they were just awful! 2 of the PUL cracked after just a couple of washes, and 1 was never even waterproof from the start! Couldnt get a refund from them either, now I only ever buy from UK retailers! (and avoid china made too, not just for quality purposes but also for ethics)

Would never buy cheapies again, worth spending the extra few pounds IMO for all concerned!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

we're going to grab more of these in size 2 I think:
http://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/shop/popngro-pocket-nappy-2086-0.html

They're very good, I had my doubts when I tested them as the inserts seemed so thin, but they really work. And if you adapt the stuffing with what you have at home (extra bamboo/hemp) then they last really well. thinner and a bit softer than a BG, but very generous in the sizing. The size 1 that says up to 20lbs lasted Ryan to abou 2 months ago- the same time he grew out of the Pop-in. He still wears the size 2 popped down instead of fully opened and is 35lbs at least and only really fitting Easyfits right now!

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am

How about smarti pants have you tried them? plenty of space for extra boosters and hubby proof!

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies