hf1

Wee Notions - Ideas/Show-Off Thread - Please add yours here!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wee Notions - Ideas/Show-Off Thread - Please add yours here!

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:15 pm

A few of us thought it would be a great idea to have a place to look for ideas when thinking up new Wee Notions Designs, to see what those colours look like together, what that embroidery looks like on an actual nappy and to generally show off our collections :D

So Here is it!

Please Add Pictures of your Wee Notions Nappies, don't forget to say what the colours/fabrics are & what type of nappy!
Last edited by zoeyboo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Wee Notions - Ideas - Please add yours here!

Postby aimeet » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Owing to your influence I have a lovely turquoise minky with hot pink minky inner with a candy skull embroidery. This is my fave nappy and I am VERY sad that Pea has nearly grown out of it entirely. I also have a tie dye blue minky with cherry blossom on, love that one and a preloved purple miky with a girly pirate. All super cute but sadly hardly fit these days, :cry:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Here are most of the Wee Notions I have had, most of them I don't have now as OS don't work for us:cry:

Crushed Blueberries Gelato, Turquoise Minkee Inner & Art Noveau Koi Embroidery WNOS

Black Cuddlesoft, Oranges Gelato Inner, Strings on Wings Embroidery with Silver Thread WNOS

Dark Denim Minkee, Scarlett Minkee Inner, Skull & Roses Embroidery WNOS

Black Cuddlesoft, Moss Green Minkee Inner, Chinese Circle Dragon Embroidery WNOS

Dark Denim Minkee & White Cuddlesoft Stripes with Anchor Embroidery incl Silver Thread WNOS
Baby Blue Cuddlesoft, Butter Minkee Inner & Seven Seas Embroidery WNOS

Yellow Dotty Minkee, Sunshine Yellow Minkee Inner with VHC Food Border-Cut WNOS

Blue Tie-Dye Minkee, White Cuddlesoft Inner, Birds on a Wire Embroidery WNOS

Turquoise Minkee with Lime Minkee Inner & 'If You See a Crocodile' Embroidery WNSS SR
BlueTie Dye Minkee 1/3 Cut with White Dotty Minkee & 'If You See a Polar Bear' Embroidery WNSS SR

Oranges Gelato Minkee, Black Cuddlesoft Inner & Sapphire Dragon Embroidery WNSS SR

Palest Green Minkee 1/3 Cut with Citron Gelato & Little Monkey Applique WNSS SR
Bananas Border at Front

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Here are some of mine - most of them now sold since Rowan PT. :( I miss designing WN. :(

Top left - Blue tie dye and sage green minkee triple cut with bluebirds embroidery front and back and pink cuddlesoft inner.
Top right - Aqua Sea Gelato minkee with Fairy Swirls embroidery and white cuddlesoft inner.
Bottom - Lavender minkee with lavender flowers border cut and flower patch with pink cuddlesoft inner.

Blue tie dye minkee AI2 with Whimsical Wings embroidery and pink cuddlesoft inner.

Top left - Denim minkee and green crushed velvet halfway cut with dragon snake and flowers embroidery and turquoise minkee inner.
Top middle - Sorbet minkee and lemon minkee border cut with Paisley Trio embroidery and lemon minkee inner (my favourite nappy!!)
Top right - Purple and pink minkee half way cut with dalmation minkee inner and How Now Polka Dot Cow embroidery.
Bottom left - Purple crushed velvet and Vibrant Violas Border Cut with sage green minkee inner.
Bottom middle - Pink crushed velvet and Aqua Flowers Border Cut with turquoise minkee inner.
Bottom right - Gold crushed velvet and Tequila minkee half way cut with lemon minkee inner and Celtic Butterfly embroidery.

Typing this just makes me miss them more!! :( :giggle:

ETA Forgot this one. Sold it quite quickly as the SR just didn't fit well.
Last edited by cat27m on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Wee Notions - Ideas/Show-Off Thread - Please add yours here!

Postby cumbrianlass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Oooo fab thread. Am jealous already :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Aimee we need pictures!

Cathleen I love the cow one in your Avatar and seeing that Aqua Sea on a nappy has made up my mind I NEED one, I was eyeing it up earlier but DH was insisting I replace the Circle Dragon with a SS version as he designed & bought that one, but I think I'd prefer an Aqua Sea, with the sea monsters on & huckleberry inner ... MMMMmmm :drool:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Aimee we need pictures!

Cathleen I love the cow one in your Avatar and seeing that Aqua Sea on a nappy has made up my mind I NEED one, I was eyeing it up earlier but DH was insisting I replace the Circle Dragon with a SS version as he designed & bought that one, but I think I'd prefer an Aqua Sea, with the sea monsters on & huckleberry inner ... MMMMmmm :drool:

The cow was one of the first ones we got! :giggle: I am so jealous you're designing WN, the Aqua Sea is lovely. I miss it. :giggle: :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:58 pm

These are most of the ones we have had.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Wow I love looking at girly ones as I never get to design them!

Another beautiful Aqua Sea one there too!
The Turquoise with Hot Pink Flower is stunning as is the Fairy Day & Night Scene at the top :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies