hf1

What am I doing wrong?

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What am I doing wrong?

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi, I posted on here a while ago about Fuzzi Bunz leaking at the legs. Have now tried Ptid Dessous bamboo inserts but they still leak!!! Iv'e also got an Ebay cheapy outer (Cloth Nappy Co) and the inserts leak in them so not just the nappy thats the prob. All the nappies are new (only been using for about 5 weeks now).

Any advice for a desperate mummy with an damp 13 week old boy!!!! :evil:

Thanks, Rebecca

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Postby buzzybee21 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Sounds like he's peeing out the sides! Are you doing them up tightly? You shouldn't see a gap between nappy and thigh and you may need to do the nappy up more tightly than you'd think is comfortable. If you can feel a little space between nappy and baby it's not too tight - use your little finger.

It may be that he just doesn't suit this shape of pocket at the moment. I remember being showered in poo because I couldn't get a swaddlebees pocket to fit my boy round the legs. What else do you have to use?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Were your PD inserts new? If so, they may not be up to max absorbency yet.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi, are they too tight if they leave marks on the thighs from the elastic? Iv'e got a couple of Wonderoos pockets but they don't fit him yet as huge round his legs. Iv'e also got a couple of little lamb 2 parts which are ok but I don't like the fact that once he's had a wee he sits in it till I change him..

I thought all pockets were the same shape - have you found they vary?

Thanks

buzzybee21 wrote:Sounds like he's peeing out the sides! Are you doing them up tightly? You shouldn't see a gap between nappy and thigh and you may need to do the nappy up more tightly than you'd think is comfortable. If you can feel a little space between nappy and baby it's not too tight - use your little finger.

It may be that he just doesn't suit this shape of pocket at the moment. I remember being showered in poo because I couldn't get a swaddlebees pocket to fit my boy round the legs. What else do you have to use?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Nappies really do vary in shape and size, just like our LO's! I have bought and sold many nappies over the years, sometimes just because DS has changed shape and a particular nappy no longer fits well. How often are you changing him? I can get 3 hrs max if DS hasn't drank loads :roll: :giggle: but often only 2 hrs.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm changing him every 2-3 hours. I find that when I first change him in the morning he then has a bit of a play and then sleeps for 2 hours (bliss for me!!) but then wakes up wet as it's been about 3 hours since last change - tried the bamboo inserts for this nappy but still leaking although not soaking through. I can comfortably get 1.5 hours if I stuff them with a cotton prefold, 2 hours if I'm lucky.

I've got some new nappies - Sunbaby - on order at the mo, they come from America and are meant to be good and veeery cheap too so desperately keeping an eye out for the postie.

Do you go through many changes of clothes in the day with a 2-3 hour window?

Shaunie wrote:Nappies really do vary in shape and size, just like our LO's! I have bought and sold many nappies over the years, sometimes just because DS has changed shape and a particular nappy no longer fits well. How often are you changing him? I can get 3 hrs max if DS hasn't drank loads :roll: :giggle: but often only 2 hrs.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Pockets only worked for us from about the last few months, before that they always leaked because the fit was all wrong. 2-parters are the way to go I think ... what do you mean he sits in wee? :-? Do you mean the dampness against his skin? You can just put some fleece liners in & that will keep him dry.

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Lots of great advice already.

I just wanted to say, we had the same thing until I got some nappies that really fit him well.

In the end, I found bumgenius work best.

Also another tip I got told is to fasten the nappy and the refasten both sides whilst sorting out the legs. hope that makes sense its hard to type what I mean and i am feeding at the same times as typing too.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'l go back to 2 part till he's outgrown them and keep an eye out for pre-loved pockets to try and keep persevering!! :wave:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies