hf1

Which pockets works best for you and why?

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Which pockets works best for you and why?

Postby Rebeccar75 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:35 am

Would love to hear what you all use....

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Which pockets works best for you and why?

Postby e586 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 am

has depended on age/stage/size really with both of mine!!!

BG's worked from 3-16 months on Natalie, before she was too skinny, and after she soaked them and we got fed up of nappy changes

switched to the Pop-in which got her to potty training with no leaks. Was thrilled. They fit Ryan from early on and worked really well until he was about 22 months and then they were too snug round the middle and low in the rise (he'd hit the 35lb mark, and is very tall and solid) so they've all been packed away for baby. Probably our most used/staple nappy apart from the outgrowing bit!!!

Ryan now wears Easyfits v2 and they're perfect on him. Nice and high in the rise, slim fitting for under clothes, and really absorbent on his power wees and contain his evil poo. Haven't tried them on a young baby yet, but hoping for good things when this one arrives and we don't need them for Ryan anymore!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 am

we use thirstys duos and have found they work great in size 1 and 2! the leg gussets help alot, with poo explosions, we never have a leak and Alister is a very heavy wetter. im not sure if it helps having cotton hemp and microfibre inserts, but BG work ok for him to with both inserts but the dont last aslong as the thirstys.

we have those easy brights and i hate them! they leak! but we still use them for the first morning change as hes not in it very long!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 am

I wanted to love easy fits but they just aren't absorbant enough :( I like Fuzzis although I find them a bit boring to look at :oops: Wee notions pockets are great for us, they hold enough inserts and still look good. And they contain hios monster poops! I also like issy bears, they are really good for dans heavy wetting but they are a bit on the expensive side. I never got on with BGs but I thinks thats because dan learnt how to undo applix at an early age, everything has to be poppered for us

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 am

bumgenious are good with bg inserts

weenotions are the best with petits dessous inserts

also like upsy daisy but not in production any more

pockets are only as good as what you stuff them with though. You could have a really well made pocket nappy and i have had people say you can stuff them with an old microfibre cloth :-? there is absolutely no way that would work for us so my advice would be get some good inserts

My avatar
Keep it Real
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Keep it Real » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Fuzzi Bunz used to be my favourites, but I have since discovered Rumparooz and Charlie Banana, which I love more. They are all great performers (hold everything in). I like sized versions on a smaller baby as they are less bulky.
Charlie Banana can take a lot of stuffing and are high-rise, whereas Rumparooz are a bit lower in the rise. Rumparooz are my favourites for colours, but for fit I go for the sized Charlie Banana (as my boy is quite large and has a big bum :D )

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:28 pm

My favourites are bumgenius. I have a super heavy wetter so we don't use bumgenius inserts but I love the outers as there is loads of room for boosting. I also love Weenotions for pretty pockets but they are a bit tight to fit in the inserts we use (we use a petit dessous bamboo double insert with 2 easy peasy hemp boosters).

We never got a good fit with fuzzi bunz but they have plenty of room for stuffing too.

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:33 pm

BGs for us at the mo.

I like how easy it is to stuff them.

They are a bit plain and dull but they are easy to use, even for my MIL.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 pm

we were using greenkids which were brilliant until the rise got too small, never had a leak using the greenkids inserts with them and DH's favourite nappy.
eayfits we have to boost with 2 easy peasy bamboo and then we still get legs round the legs sometimes. Bumgenius work well for us with a ptit dessous insert and 2 esay peasy hemp inserts rather than the BG microfibre ones.
couldn't get a decent fit with weenotions ( one size or side snap), rumparooz. keen to try fuzzi bunz and happy heinys tho.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies