Mini Lala & Issy bear wicking?

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Mini Lala & Issy bear wicking?

Postby Ju1i4 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 am

Hi there :wave:

I've been using BGV3 for almost 3 years now, first with DD1 and now with DD2, and I've never had a problem. However, in an attempt to extend and cheer up my stash I've been trying out some preloved nappies to see what works for us before taking the plunge and investing in some lovely new fluff. :wine:

First I tried a MiniLala, which wicked really badly, and then an Issy bear which has done the same but not to quite the same extent. These both have cotton outers and I know wicking can be a problem. I've also tried a d'lish and a tutto with no problems and in the past have used slinki minkis too, again with no problems.

Is there anything I can do about this? I've got a good fit with all the nappies and neither of them were on my lo for any longer than 2 hrs, infact the Lala's inserts weren't even soaked through yet the nappy was still really wet on the outside. :shock:

Should I just give up and stick to PUL and minky? :-?

Thanks in advance

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Mini Lala & Issy bear wicking?

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 am

Unfortunately some people just don't get on with cotton outers I'm afraid, we never did. So yes I would stick with minkee, fleece and PUL outers from now on.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 am

I never got on with cotton outers either and don't have a particularly heavy wetter.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 am

cotton outers no good here either, minkee issys are good though

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

We love our Issys but I had to get rid of our cotton outer ones as they wicked quite badly, we just stick to the minkee ones now.

Rach xx

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Cotton Issys wick here too and Max is a light wetter.

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:41 pm

MiniLala's were constanly wicking for us. we had to sell ours.

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ju1i4 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks for your replies, I'm glad to hear it's not something I'm doing wrong!

I really wanted some pretty, girly fluff but I just don't seem to be able to match the reliability of my trusty BG's. I thought I was getting on ok with the tutto but that wicked the other day too! Will persevere a little longer with it though.

I think I'll sell the nappies I'm not getting on with and try a few more before giving up and buying yet more BG's. ;)

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

I have some really pretty girly minky issys and they're very reliable. I'm staying away from cotton outers now. Maybe try a minky :D

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies