WeeNotions Side Snaps - SR .v. HR

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

WeeNotions Side Snaps - SR .v. HR

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Ladies,

I posted recently about the different rises available with Wee Notions - Standard Rise & High Rise and how I was debating whether to try a HR for the next ones I ordered as I wanted them to last.

Well the very lovely Carolyn (PaintedClaws) lent me one of Noah's to try on Rufus for size, so I thought I'd show you some comparison pics. For refernce, this is a size Large, Rufus is almost 13 months & about 30lbs, his rise (measuring over a WNOS) is about 16.5. These nappies have identical inserts in them & are done-up on the same settings.

Sorry about the quality, my DSLR is charging so these are just from my point & shoot and are a bit grainy but you get the idea. Standard Rise first, High Rise second...

Image Image

So the result for us is that HR is definately the way to go ... a little gutted as all 4 of the WNSS (SR) we have are no more than a couple of months old :cry: they do fit though, for now. The 6 we have on order will all be HR.

Thanks Carolyn! :wine:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: WeeNotions Side Snaps - SR .v. HR

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:37 pm

ooh thats interesting. I got standard for Roo with my 2 recent buys as the other 2 i have are ok but i am slightly worried they won't last now. He's around 24 or 25lb maybe more (not weighed him in ages as it was worrying me).

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:02 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:ooh thats interesting. I got standard for Roo with my 2 recent buys as the other 2 i have are ok but i am slightly worried they won't last now. He's around 24 or 25lb maybe more (not weighed him in ages as it was worrying me).

Maybe borrow one to try? I'm sure you could email the WN ladies to get them to change your order to HR if it suited more?

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Wow, what a difference to the fit. The high rise looks perfect for him, and it looks much less bulky too. :wine: to finding the perfect nappy for Rufus :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Great comparison shots.

I bypassed mediums really and ordered large SR when Imogen was only small, about 7 months, so they have lasted us a long time and I got a good fit from then probably due to Imogen having lovely chunky thighs :giggle: I can still squeeze Imogen in a SR now but the rise is fairly low on her (obviously) and its a bit tight across the front, HR are a great fit now.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Scotia wrote:Wow, what a difference to the fit. The high rise looks perfect for him, and it looks much less bulky too. :wine: to finding the perfect nappy for Rufus :D

Looks fab doesn't it ... am very pleased!

Didn't ever have other sizes of SS, the OS was such a bad fit it put me off :(
We had BBSS in a small when he was 1st born & they were gorgeous & then went to fitteds til recently.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:35 pm

What snaps does Rufus wear them on? Roo wears his on the 2nd tightest all round and TBH I dont think he has a long ass (high rise) as he still wears BG and easyfits on the middle rise.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 pm

jules070603 wrote:Great comparison shots.

I bypassed mediums really and ordered large SR when Imogen was only small, about 7 months, so they have lasted us a long time and I got a good fit from then probably due to Imogen having lovely chunky thighs :giggle: I can still squeeze Imogen in a SR now but the rise is fairly low on her (obviously) and its a bit tight across the front, HR are a great fit now.

I will be doing the same I think. There isn't a huge amount of difference between a M HR and a L SR really IMO. The SRs weren't around though when Katie was that young but L HRs (as they are now called) fit fine from about 9 months anyway.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:What snaps does Rufus wear them on? Roo wears his on the 2nd tightest all round and TBH I dont think he has a long ass (high rise) as he still wears BG and easyfits on the middle rise.

Because they come up higher he can wear the legs on 2nd from loosest snaps (still has big thighs) and third snap in on waist so growing room a plenty!

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies