hf1

leaking small fuzzi's

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

leaking small fuzzi's

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Our small fuzzi's leak at the legs, our xs never leaked, at 12lb Natty only just fits into them and I do them up on the tightest setting do you think I am doing them up too tight? Old style only, he doesn't fit into the new one we have yet and Imo would not get near either. Any ideas? we have four and are not using them

thanks

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: leaking small fuzzi's

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:16 pm

Are they really weeing lots, or is it not making it through the fleece to get to the insert?

I did go out of love with all pockets for a while as this was happening to us, the way I fixed it was to stuff and mini boost the pocket (mf/bamboo) then put a thin terry booster between bum and fleece to just get the wet away and then soak through slowly.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: leaking small fuzzi's

Postby Annette » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:17 pm

We use small fuzzis - Ben is about 10lbs now and we don't do them on the tightest setting. I think there is one popper left on the waist (so a bit lopsided :lol: ) and we put them on the second setting on the legs but I can't actually remember for sure without putting them on him! So it is a possibility that they are too tight, causing them to wick.
But I also find that the Fuzzi insert is not absorbent enough and we were getting leaks after an hour or two, so maybe as he has grown he is now weeing more? I add a little hemp insert to it and it seems to last much better but never as good as my 2 parters.

Mine are mostly old style too and have found the one new style one I have is very much bigger - not a good fit at all :roll:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies