hf1

Anyone tried Rumparooz?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Anyone tried Rumparooz?

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:48 pm

I bought some Lil Joeys for when bump is first born and they are super cute,(they are AIOs, the BtP ones are pockets) but I was looking at getting the BtP ones as well, for a longer lasting option. I like the idea of the 'poo barrier' gusset - haven't seen that before. I haven't seen many reviews on them and I was just wondering if anyone here had tried them? What's the verdict? :lookround:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Anyone tried Rumparooz?

Postby lazylexis » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:04 pm

I tried one and the fit on ds was awful so sold it pretty quick.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm

I have one, i wont it on the review comp here. We dont use pockets very often but use it occasionally - i like it the same as the BGs we have, no problems with fit or anything.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I had a couple when Ruairidh was younger but I stupidly got applix and it rolled in and cut all his tummy :( I tried a popper and it was fine. Not much different poo wise to bumgenius or fuzzi bunz though.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 am

I've used them, they form part of our regular stash. I've found the inserts to last a little longer on my LO then the BG at times. Plus the fleece inner feels a lot better and thicker than they do on the BG. I must say I think the BG size wise are a bit bigger, I've found the rise on the rumparooz to be a little smaller and my LO was on the second to last snaps whilst still on the lowest snaps in the BG. I think this is because rumparooz are supposed to be used for little tiny babies though so they go a little smaller.

Saying that I will probably end up getting some more in the future. :wine:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Thanks everyone, I think I will definitely add a couple to my stash! I have also found that they now make their own separate liners, specially made to not compromise the 'poo barrier' shape, think I'll get a pack of them too! :thumbsup:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:14 pm

I will sell mine if you would like it, as i never reach for it now (we use fitteds 99% of the time). Its the fire engine design, pm me if you are interested.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:55 am

That would have been lovely, highlandmum, but we have just found out that peanut is a girl! Thanks for the offer anyway! :hug:

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

I really like my Rumparoozs.
The prints are nice but more boyish than girly but I have lux and the kangas are really cute too and unisex.
The plain colours are lovely especially the amethyst one.
I get a good fit and have never had a problem with the aplix hurting DD, I prefer aplix to poppers as you can get a better fit. They don't use PUL it's some other fabric and it is very soft on the outside as well as soft fleece inside.
Sarah x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies