hf1

Dodgy applix on v2 BG's and leaking

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Dodgy applix on v2 BG's and leaking

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I bought all of ethans stash of v2 BG's cheap preloved as the elastic was all shot so I have replaced all the elastics myself and they have worked like a dream for about a year now. Stuffed with 2 ll bamboo inserts and an ep hemp. Now all of a sudden we are getting leaks after about an hour of them being on and whilst I know ethan is weeing more now anyway which could be the problem I have also noticed the applix on quite a lot of them is looking quite worn and isn't as sticky as it should be. Does anyone know of anyway of replacing the applix on these pockey nappies without having to unpick the entire nappy apart? Its just that they have been so reliable until now for us and I wanted to continue using them until ethan potty trains and then also with the new baby once he fits into the nicely. Any idea what I can do about the applix? Bearing in mind our stash is 99.9% made up of these nappies and about 25-30 of them in total. Thanks

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dodgy applix on v2 BG's and leaking

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Anyone?

My avatar
lui-moo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Dodgy applix on v2 BG's and leaking

Postby lui-moo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

seems quite a job to unpick the stitching! you could just stitch new aplix over the old! its quite thin so shouldnt bulk it up too much Iygwim. you need to use polyester thread tho because its waterproof and cotton soaks in the wee!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies